Mike Oldfield's "Incantation," Thin Lizzy's "Bad Reputation," Sandy Denny's "North Star Grassman and The Ravens" the Latest to Receive Expanded Deluxe Treatment
PLUS 4-CD JIM CAPALDI BOX SET "DEAR MR. FANTASY: THE JIM CAPALDI STORY"
LOS ANGELES, Sept. 20, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- On September 20, 2011 Universal Music Enterprises (UMe) will release Mike Oldfield's Incantation - Expanded Edition (1 CD), Thin Lizzy's Bad Reputation - Expanded Edition (1 CD), Sandy Denny's classic solo debut North Star Grassman and The Ravens - Deluxe Edition (2 CDs) and the 4-CD career retrospective box set on Jim Capaldi, Dear Mr. Fantasy: The Jim Capaldi Story. All music has been remastered with bonus material.
The music of Mike Oldfield is some of the most spiritual, ethereal, reflective and sensual in rock. Oldfield himself created his own genre with his groundbreaking 1973 debut, Tubular Bells, and has continued to craft highly individual works to this day, building him a worldwide loyal following. Since Oldfield's catalog moved to Mercury in 2008, Universal has been working closely with him to ensure the highest standard in revisiting his masterworks from the '70s and '80s.
Originally released in November 1978, Incantations was Oldfield's first and only studio double album comprised of four parts of the title track. It is a masterpiece of minimalism, with Oldfield playing many of the instruments with old friends including David Bedford conducting the choir and orchestra, Pierre Moerlen on drums and Oldfield's sister Sally on vocals. Overseen by Oldfield, the expanded version of this masterpiece is fully remastered complete with artwork and extensive liner notes. As an added bonus, Incantations – Expanded Edition includes the track "Guilty," Oldfield's legendary 1979 single recorded in New York City at the height of the disco movement.
Mike Oldfield is an artist like no other. Over the last 37 years he has produced timeless, unique and inspirational music that has enthralled listeners the world over.
- Incantations Part One (Remastered Stereo Mix)
- Incantations Part Two (Remastered Stereo Mix)
- Incantations Part Three (Remastered Stereo Mix)
- Incantations Part Four (Remastered Stereo Mix)
- Guilty (7" Single Version)
Charged by the creative force of the late Phil Lynott, the legendary Irish hard-rock band Thin Lizzy combined working class romanticism and Irish folk law with piercing dual-guitar lines. Like artists such as Bruce Springsteen and Bob Dylan, Lynott was a poet of the downtrodden who helped break down racial stereotypes in rock and became one of the most influential front men in hard rock and heavy metal.
Originally released in 1977, Bad Reputation is Thin Lizzy's eighth studio album that found them teamed up with legendary producer Tony Visconti who gave them a leaner and tougher sound, creating an album that rivals Jailbreak as their best studio album. It went to No. 4 in the U.K. and featured the hit "Dancing in the Moonlight (It's Caught Me In Its Spotlight)" which reached No. 14 on the U.K. singles chart in September 1977. Fully remastered, Bad Reputation features the unreleased bonus tracks "Killer Without A Cause," "That Woman's Gonna Break Your Heart," "Bad Reputation" and "Dancing In The Moonlight (It's Caught Me In A Spotlight)" taken from a session recorded for the BBC, plus a soundcheck of "Me And The Boys."
There are bands that soundtrack a moment in time and then fade away ingloriously. Then there are those that, long after their demise, retain a sense of immortality. Thin Lizzy lie firmly in the latter camp.
- Soldier Of Fortune
- Bad Reputation
- Opium Trail
- Southbound (Album Version)
- Dancing In The Moonlight (It's Caught Me In Its Spotlight) (Album Version)
- Killer Without A Cause
- Downtown Sundown
- That Woman's Gonna Break Your Heart
- Dear Lord
- Killer Without A Cause (BBC Session August 1, 1977)
- Bad Reputation (BBC Session August 1,1977)
- That Woman's Gonna Break Your Heart (BBC Session August 1,1977)
- Dancing In The Moonlight (It's CaughtMe In A Spotlight) (BBC Session August 1,1977)
- Downtown Sundown (BBC SessionAugust 1, 1977)
- Me And The Boys (Soundcheck)
Sandy Denny is considered a founder of the British folk rock movement and perhaps its most important female singer, songwriter and personality. She is remembered for her pivotal involvement with the British folk rock scene, where, as a member of Fairport Convention, she moved the band away from west coast American cover versions and into performing traditional material and original compositions. Sandy is also remembered as a composer, most notably on her solo albums, which represent her claim to be Britain's finest female singer-songwriter whose smooth vocal delivery still sets the standard for many of today's female folk-based singers.
Sandy Denny's 1971 debut solo album, North Star Grassman and The Ravens, has now been expanded to 2 CDs and given the Deluxe treatment with rarities, unreleased tracks and a 16- page booklet with unseen photographs. Disc One contains the original album plus previously unreleased bonus tracks including an instrumental version of "Lord Bateman," a demo version of "Next Time Around" and a duet with Richard Thompson, titled "Walking The Floor Over You."
Disc Two contains twelve bonus tracks including demo versions of songs which were previously only available in the lavish 19-CD box set plus songs recorded for BBC Radio's Bob Harris show in September 1971, "Blackwaterside" from the BBC's Sounds On Sunday from November 1972 and four tracks recorded live at the Paris Theatre on March 25, 1972.
Over a brief career spanning just thirteen years, the late Sandy Denny left an extensive musical legacy and she remains the pre-eminent British folk-rock singer.
- Late November
- The Sea Captain
- Down In The Flood
- John The Gun
- Next Time Around
- The Optimist
- Let's Jump The Broomstick
- Wretched Wilbur
- The North Star Grassman And The Ravens
- Crazy Lady Blues
- Next Time Around (Demo)
- Walking The Floor Over You (Duet with Richard Thompson)
- Lord Bateman (Instrumental)
- If You Saw Thru My Eyes
- The Sea Captain (Demo)
- The Optimist (Demo)
- Wretched Wilbur (Demo)
- Crazy Lady Blues (Demo)
- Lord Bateman
- Late November (BBC Session - Bob Harris 8/24/71)
- The Lowlands Of Holland (BBC Session – Bob Harris August 24, 1971)
- Blackwaterside (BBC In Concert – Paris Theatre March 16, 1972)
- The North Star Grassman And The Ravens (BBC In Concert – Paris Theatre March 16, 1972)
- Bruton Town (BBC In Concert – Paris Theatre March 16, 1972)
- Next Time Around (BBC In Concert – Paris Theatre March 16, 1972)
- Sandy Denny John The Gun (BBC In Concert – Paris Theatre)
Jim Capaldi, the co-founder, drummer, vocalist and lyricist of the legendary Traffic, was one of the most significant songwriters of our generation. Dear Mr. Fantasy: The Jim Capaldi Story is a 4-CD box set that spans the entire career of this enigmatic artist and is packed with material from his early days with The Hellions, Revolution, Deep Feeling, Traffic and his own successful solo work throughout the '70s, '80s and '90s, including recordings he did with rock legends such as Eric Clapton, Steve Winwood, George Harrison, Carlos Santana and Van Morrison. Dear Mr. Fantasy also features unreleased bonus material such as rare photos, live performances, home demos and an unreleased 2004 recording of "Dear Mr. Fantasy."
From the streets of the West Midlands to the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame, Dear Mr. Fantasy is an incredible overview of the remarkable recording career of the legendary Jim Capaldi.
- Daydreaming Of You (The Hellions)
- Hallelujah (Revolution)
- Pretty Colours (Deep Feeling)
- Dealer (Mono Version)
- Traffic - Dear Mr. Fantasy (Traffic-Stereo Album Version)
- Light Up Or Leave Me Alone
- Rock 'N' Roll Stew (Traffic-Album Version)
- 40,000 Headmen,
- Pearly Queen (Live Version)
- Tricky Dicky Rides Again (Single Version)
- Oh How We Danced (Anniversary Song) (Single Version)
- Don't Be A Hero
- Open Your Heart
- How Much Can A Man Really Take?
- Low Rider
- Whale Meat Again
- It's All Up To You
- Love Hurts
- Short Cut Draw Blood
- With A Problem
- You And Me
- Game Of Love
- Elixir Of Life
- Shoe Shine (Disco Mix)
- Hotel Blues
- Electric Nights
- Wild Geese,
- Every Man Must March To The Sound Of His Own Drum
- Man With No Country
- Going Home
- The Thunder Cry
- Favela Music
- Child in the Storm
- Old Photographs
- We Don't Need
- Tonight You're Mine
- Living On The Edge
- That's Love
- Gifts Of Unknown Things
- Lost Inside Your Love
- Tales Of Power
- Warriors Of Love
- Something So Strong
- Oh Lord Why Lord
- Love Used To Be A Friend Of Mine
- Some Come Running
- Jim Capaldi - Living On The Outside
- Standing In My Light
- Anna Julia
- Love You 'Till The Day I Die
- State of Grace (Demo Version)
- Tallulah (Demo Version)
- Humanity (Just Another Checkpoint) (Demo Version)
- Bright Fighter (Demo Version
- Strange Bird (Demo Version)
- How Do I Get To Heaven (Demo Version)
- Love's Got A Hold On Me New Mix
- Song For George (Demo Version)
- The Time Of Cholera (Demo Version)
- Invaders Of The Heart (Demo Version)
- Getting Stronger
- Love Will Keep (Us Alive)
- Dear Mr. Fantasy (Live Version)
SOURCE Universal Music Enterprises
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.