HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif., Dec. 10, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- According to a newly released Market Report from Life Science Intelligence (LSI), the large and growing global market for gastrointestinal and colorectal endoscopy, cystoscopy, uteroscopy, and hysteroscopy products are poised to benefit from:
- Continued trends toward less-invasive surgery;
- Rising caseloads of gastrointestinal and gynecological diseases diagnosed and treated via endoscopy;
- Rising utilization of ancillary endoscopic devices during diagnostic and therapeutic procedures; and
- Rapidly increasing access to healthcare services, particularly in emerging markets.
The new study -- which segments the market by both product and geography -- indicates that there are significant differences in the size, trends, growth rates and competitive opportunities in each of the regional markets. In the U.S., for example, the availability of products and techniques which support a broader range of surgical indications, including next-generation, smaller-profile technologies, will drive continued adoption among patients and clinicians. In European markets – particularly the Big 5 – broad ongoing adoption of endoscopic and laparoscopic technology will continue to drive sales growth. And while the U.S. and European markets currently represent the bulk of endoscopy product sales, the underserved APAC and ROW regions are expected to fuel much of the global growth through 2020.
Competitors looking to gain share in this market which is forecast by LSI to grow at a 6% CAGR through 2020 include:
- asap endoscopic products
- B. Braun
- Boston Scientific
- Canada Endoscope Corporation
- Cogentix Medical
- Emmy Medical
- Integrated Endoscopy
- Johnson & Johnson
- Karl Storz
- Richard Wolf
- RZ Medizintechnik
- Schoelly Fiberoptic
- Spine View
- Trice Medical
- US Endoscopy
- VisionScope Technologies
To obtain a full copy of this report visit here.
This new report is a part of Life Science Intelligence's Global Endoscopy Market Report Series which includes three global market studies:
- 2015-2020 Global Markets for GI and Colorectal Endoscopy, Cystoscopy, Ureteroscopy, and Hysteroscopy
- 2015-2020 Global Markets for Specialty Surgical Endoscopy Products
- 2015-2020 Global Markets for Arthroscopy, Bronchoscopy, ENT Endoscopy, Neuroendoscopy, and Spinal Endoscopy
Scott Pantel scott@LSintelligence.com
714 847 3540 Tel
About Life Science Intelligence
Life Science Intelligence (LSI) delivers global market intelligence data and consulting services to medical technology executives, entrepreneurs, and investors. LSI conducts custom research, publishes global market reports and procedure volume databases, tracks emerging medtech companies, and hosts the annual Emerging Medical Technologies Summit.
SOURCE Life Science Intelligence