Mintel celebrates American Craft Beer Week with some boozy stats
CHICAGO, May 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Raise your glasses and celebrate American Craft Beer week with this beer insight from several of Mintel's latest beer reports. Enjoy, and bottoms up!
- Consumers who were of legal drinking age in 2012 are most likely to report increased consumption of beer (14%), which includes 7% of respondents who are drinking more craft beer in 2013 compared to 2012
- Discovery of new beers is popular with 93% of imported beer drinkers, 88% of domestic fans, and 84% of craft beer consumers
- Craft beers have found a way to appeal to 49% of Millennials and 40% of Gen Xers, but just 29% of Baby Boomers and 22% of Swing Generation/World War II
- Hispanic consumers also turn to craft beer with 38% indicating that they consume craft beer at any time. But there's room to grow since 58% of Hispanics aged 21+ report drinking domestic beer and 55% of Hispanics drink imported beer
- Eighty-four percent of craft beer consumers like to choose their beer depending on the season.
- Liquor or package stores are the preferred outlet for craft beer purchases
- Seventy-three percent of craft beer drinkers say that they usually know what brand of beer they are going to buy before they go to the store
- One-third of craft and imported beer consumers ask sales associates for advice and information when buying beer
- Forty-five percent of craft beer drinkers indicate that they would try more craft beers if they knew more about them
- Beer drinkers aged 36-47 are slightly less likely than consumers aged 21-35 to show a preference for the taste of craft beer. Members of Generation X are more likely than their younger counterparts to indicate that imported beer and craft beer are similar value
Mintel is a leading global supplier of consumer, product and media intelligence. For more than 40 years, Mintel has provided insight into key worldwide trends, offering exclusive data and analysis that directly impacts client success. With offices in Chicago, New York, London, Sydney, Shanghai, Tokyo, and now India, Malaysia and Singapore, Mintel has forged a unique reputation as a world-renowned business brand. For more information on Mintel, please visit www.mintel.com.
More by this Source
Over half of young men now use facial moisturizer, reports Mintel
Dec 04, 2013, 10:49 ET
Almost a third of drivers write down driving directions, reports Mintel
Nov 22, 2013, 09:38 ET
Mintel's senior retail and apparel analyst comments ahead of Black Friday
Nov 19, 2013, 11:27 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.