MIT Game Lab's Education Game Best of Show in International Serious Play Competition
LOS ANGELES, Aug. 29, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- MIT Game Lab's education game, Phantomation, won Best of Show in the 2013 International Serious Play Awards competition. Seven other studios won gold medals. The awards, announced at the 2013 Serious Play Conference at DigiPen Institute of Technology, honor exceptional examples of corporate, military, children's education and games for good.
Gold Medal winners included:
- Play Forward: Elm City Stories, Schell Games and Digital Mill (Healthcare/Medical)
- Cornak, Succubus Interactive (Business)
- DragonBox Algebra 12, WeWantToKnow AS (Education)
- Game Over Gopher, New Mexico State University Learning Games Lab (Education)
- Planting the Seed, Canadian Space Agency (Education)
- Practice Operations, Muzzy Lane Operations (Education)
- Ratio Rumble, New Mexico State University Learning Games Lab (Education)
Silver Medal Winners:
- Quandry, FableVision Studios (Education)
- Thump The Ultimate Math Practice, Mathtoons Media Inc. (Education)
- Tilt World, Nicole Lazzaro (Games for Good)
- Tunnel Tail, BEST Foundation (Games for Good)
- Cyber Awareness Challenge, Carney Inc and SAIC (Government/Military)
- At Risk in Primary Care, Kognito Interactive (Healthcare/Medical)
- Re-Mission 2, HopeLab (Healthcare/medical)
Bronze Medal Winners:
- Special Operation Halo Jump, Inhance Digital (Government/Military)
- Project Moonwalk, Project Whitecard Studios (Education)
- VRUM – Aprendendo sobre o transito, ThinkBox Games (Education)
"Every year the games entered in our awards program demonstrate tremendous progress in technology, gamification and instructional value," Sue Bohle, executive director, Serious Games Association, said. "The serious game industry is maturing, and with it, the quality of titles."
For more information on the 2014 awards competition, go to http://www.seriousplayconference.com/awards/award-submission/
Media Contact: Rachel McFaul, Serious Play Conference, (310) 785-0515x224, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Serious Play Conference
More by this Source
Using Games for Training; Workshop for HR Professionals
Jun 28, 2013, 08:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.