NEW YORK, LONDON, SINGAPORE & SAO PAULO, Feb. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) today publishes the latest issue (Vol. 6, No. 2) of its award-winning International Journal of Mobile Marketing (IJMM). This edition covers important topics including the unique Indian perspective on mobile marketing, whether Pakistan can build a mobile marketing channel, mobile payments, mobile social media, and why the US Government cares about location based marketing.
"From presenting perspective on South Asian markets to exploring the use, impact and potential of mobile social media, this issue of the IJMM is extraordinarily valuable for those doing business in the mobile industry and academics," says IJMM Editor-in-Chief and Director of the Institute for Mobile Media Research Michael Hanley. "The IJMM gives critical insight into emerging trends and markets that will inspire academics and allow marketers, agencies and enabling technologies to plan strategies for tackling their business challenges in these areas."
The Winter 2011 edition of the IJMM features 10 articles:
- "SMS Marketing: The Role of Permission and Acceptance" by Prashant Amin, Bijal Zaveri Amin, R.P. Patel
- "Mobile Marketing: the Emerging Indian Perspective" by Varsha Jain, Saumya Pant, Aarzoo Daswani
- "Can Pakistan Build a Mobile Marketing Ecosystem?" by Yasmin Malik
- "A Comparative Study of the Telecommunication Industries of India and South Korea and Mobile Handset Market War of South Korea" by Jayrajsinh Jadeja, Kedar Shukla
- "Driving Frequency with Mobile Social Networks (MSN) and the Mediating Effects of Price and Quota Promotions" by William F. Humphrey, Jr., Debra A. Laverie
- "Mobile Application Adoption by Young Adults: A Social Network Perspective" David G. Taylor, Troy A. Voelker, Iryna Pentina
- "Social Media Use in a Mobile Broadband Environment: Examination of Determinants of Twitter and Facebook Use" by Sangwon Lee, Moonhee Cho
- "Mobile Payments: The Reality on the Ground in Selected Asian Countries and the United States" by Meiling Pope, Ryan Pantages, Nadeshda Enachescu, Ryan Dinshaw, Corey Joshlin, Robert Stone, P. Albert Austria, Kala Seal
- "LBS Marketing: Why the Federal Government Cares and What You Can Do About It" by Monica Desai, Greg Louer, Ryan King, Maria Wolvin
- "Thinking Human: Permission Based Mobile Marketing Can Help Lead the Way" by Mihai Vlad
"The MMA thanks Michael Hanley and the IJMM review board for their work, which adds immeasurably to the emerging body of knowledge on mobile marketing trends and impact," said Michael Becker, North America Managing Director of the MMA. "We are accepting submissions for publication, and hope that the latest issue inspires mobile marketing industry leaders and those in academia to share their research and thought leadership with the mobile marketing community through the IJMM."
IJMM Editor Michael Hanley is Associate Professor of Advertising at Ball State University and Director of the Institute for Mobile Media Research. He has received several awards for his mobile marketing research and leadership, including the MMA's Award for Overall Excellence in 2007 for his work with the Academic Outreach Committee.
Peer-reviewed by a 16-member board that includes researchers from top academic institutions and companies such as Snaptell and Yahoo, IJMM is an online-only publication of the MMA. The online format expands its availability to a global audience, giving readers faster access to mobile research, and provides IJMM authors with an unmatched platform for publishing research quickly, worldwide. The current issue and past editions – 114 articles from more than 175 authors in 23-plus countries are available now at http://mmaglobal.com/store.
Individuals interested in submitting articles (4,000 – 5,000 words) should email their draft or prospectus in MS Word format to the MMA. To submit or to get more information, please contact email@example.com or visit http://mmaglobal.com/resources/international-journal-mobile-marketing/call-for-papers. Submission deadline for the next issue of the IJMM is March 15, 2012.
In addition, the MMA and Canadian Marketing Association (CMA) will be publishing an all-Canada edition of the IJMM later in 2012. The submission deadline is also March 15, 2012. For submission details, visit: http://www.the-cma.org/marketingresources/downloads/Mobile_CallforContent.pdf .
About the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA)
The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) is the premier global non-profit trade association established to lead the growth of mobile marketing and its associated technologies. The MMA is an action-oriented organization designed to clear obstacles to market development, establish mobile media guidelines and best practices for sustainable growth, and evangelize the use of the mobile channel. The more than 700 member companies, representing 49 countries around the globe, include all members of the mobile media ecosystem. The Mobile Marketing Association's global headquarters are located in the United States and it has regional chapters including North America (NA), Europe (EUR), Latin American (LATAM) and Asia Pacific (APAC) branches. For more information, please visit www.mmaglobal.com. For information relating to the MMA's Mobile Marketing Forum series, please visit www.mobilemarketingforum.com.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Communications Director - Mobile Marketing Association
Mobile: 917 693 4290
Email: John.Bianchi@mmaglobal.com | Skype: john.bianchi63
SOURCE Mobile Marketing Association