MMA Releases the Summer 2012 Edition of the International Journal of Mobile Marketing MMA's International Journal of Mobile Marketing explores current mobile trends affecting marketers and media professionals today.
NEW YORK, Sept. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) released the latest edition (Vol. 7, No. 2) of its award-winning International Journal of Mobile Marketing (IJMM) focusing on today's mobile marketing innovations and applications.
This edition reports on the investigation of Gen Y behavioral reactions to mobile marketing, mobile commerce and its projected impact, the rise of mobile data services to experience play and an analysis of the Federal Trade Commission's (FTC) most recent Privacy Report.
"The goal of the IJMM is to capture the latest industry and academic thinking across the mobile ecosystem," said Michael Becker, North America Managing Director of the MMA. "It is the MMA's aim to continually advance the industry's global and regional prospective on mobile marketing, and the IJMM is a key vehicle for accomplishing this."
The Summer 2012 edition of the IJMM features the following articles:
- "Attitudes Toward and Behavioral Intentions to Adopt Mobile Marketing: Comparisons of Gen Y in the United States, France and China" by Rebecca Wells, Catherine E. Kleshinski, Terence Lau
- "The FTC Privacy Report: What the Report Means and How You Can Get Ahead of Enforcement Trends by Implementing Best Practices Now" by Monica Desai, Deborah Lodge, Melodi Gates, Maria Wolvin and Greg Louer
- "A Preliminary Model for Mobile Payment Acceptance" by Alex Wang
- "Effect of QR Codes on Consumer Attitudes" by Sneha Narang, Varsha Jain, Subhadip Roy
- "Conceptualizing Play in Mobile Commerce Environments" by Robert Davis, Ahsan Ali Chaudhri
- "Identifying Barriers of Mobile Marketing in the Agricultural Section: A Case Study in Iran" by Maryam Omidi Najafabadi
- "The Identification, Ranking and Categorization of Mobile Marketing Success Factors" by Raymond Yiwen Huang
- "Utilitarian Mobile Information Services are Modeled Better by the Acsm than Hedonic Services on a Cross-National Comparison" by Fumiyo N. Kondo, Hisashi Ishida, Qazi Mahdia Ghyas
The IJMM is published twice annually with special edition issues released several times a year. The journal provides an outlet for academics, students, and industry professionals from around the world to share their insights and research on how to harness the power of mobile and apply current applications to evolve mobile marketing efforts.
"The IJMM continues to grow its global audiences and attract innovative articles about mobile marketing and advertising," said Michael Hanley, Editor of the IJMM. "Many mobile researchers are now looking at how mobile devices are beginning to impact cultures around the world and how mobile will impact the future."
Michael Hanley is also an Associate Professor of Advertising at Ball State University and Director of the Institute for Mobile Media Research. He has received several awards for his mobile marketing research and leadership, including the MMA's Award for Overall Excellence in 2007 for his work with the Academic Outreach Committee.
Peer-reviewed by a 16-member board that includes researchers from top academic institutions and companies such as Yahoo!, Amazon, Loyola Marymount University, Michigan State University ,University of Connecticut-Stamford, among many others. IJMM is an online-only publication of the MMA. The next issue will be released in the winter. To download individual articles or the full journal visit:
Individuals interested in submitting articles (4,000 - 5,000 words) should email their draft or prospectus to the firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, visit http://mmaglobal.com/resources/international-journal-mobile-marketing/call-for-papers. Submission deadline for the next issue of the IJMM is September 15, 2012.
About the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA)
The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) is the premier global non-profit trade association established to lead the growth of mobile marketing and its associated technologies. The MMA is an action-oriented organization designed to clear obstacles to market development, establish mobile media guidelines and best practices for sustainable growth, and evangelize the use of the mobile channel. The more than 700 member companies, representing nearly fifty countries around the globe, include all members of the mobile media ecosystem. The Mobile Marketing Association's global headquarters are located in the United States and it has regional chapters including North America (NA), Europe (EUR), Latin American (LATAM) and Asia Pacific (APAC) branches. For more information, please visit www.mmaglobal.com. For information relating to the MMA's Mobile Marketing Forum series, please visit www.mobilemarketingforum.com.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
GRC for MMA
+1 949 608 0276
Director of Communications, MMA
M: +1 917-558-1828
SOURCE Mobile Marketing Association