Mobiata Celebrates Five-Year Anniversary with New FlightTrack 5 App Redesigned app now available for iOS and Android, both paid versions of FlightTrack combined into one
ANN ARBOR, Mich., Nov. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Mobiata, developer of best-selling travel apps, today announced a completely redesigned version of FlightTrack for iOS and Android. New and notable features include the ability to group flights into trips, easily distinguish who is traveling on specific flights, and view which flights have onboard Wi-Fi.
Previously available as FlightTrack and FlightTrack Pro, the new version will replace both older versions and will be offered for $2.99 until December 1, 2013. After this introductory period, the app will be available for $4.99.
"We've come a long way since FlightTrack first launched in 2008," said Scott Corliss, Director of Product at Mobiata. "Over the last year, we challenged ourselves to create an experience that exceeds anything we've shipped before while continuing to deliver the great features travelers have come to depend on."
Features of the redesigned app include:
- Real-time alerts for flight departure and arrival times, delays, and gate numbers
- Option to group flights into trips and customize trip names
- Ability to distinguish who is traveling on specific flights
- Functionality to share trips or individual flights via email, text message, Twitter, and Facebook
- Information on which flights offer on-board Wi-Fi (when data is available)
- Actual scheduled flight paths
- Beautiful, zoomable maps with satellite and weather radar imagery
- Information for all departing and arriving flights for over 3,000 airports and 1,400 airlines worldwide
At launch, the new FlightTrack will be offered for iPhone (optimized for iOS 7) and Android phones versions 4.0 and newer. Previous versions of the app will continue to be supported and a tablet release will be available in the coming months.
Mobiata, an Expedia, Inc. company, creates best-selling mobile travel applications for smartphones and emerging devices under both brands. Since its founding in November 2008, Mobiata's applications have been featured by the The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Washington Post, TechCrunch, and USA Today. Mobiata's apps include the bestselling FlightTrack, FlightBoard, TripDeck and Expedia branded applications. Mobiata was acquired by Expedia, Inc. in 2010 and works with the Expedia brand to develop beautiful mobile travel products. In 2012, Mobiata's FlightBoard app was named "Best Travel App" at the 15th Annual Webby Awards. For more information, visit www.mobiata.com. Follow us on Twitter: @mobiata
Mobiata and the Mobiata logo are trademarks of Mobiata LLC in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. © 2013 Mobiata LLC. All rights reserved.
Read more news from Mobiata