NEW YORK, July 11, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Use this report to:
- Analyze the revenues of the global mobile wallet market
- Identify driving and restraining factors for the global mobile wallet market.
- Receive information about the global mobile wallet market on the basis of mode of payment, such as remote payment and near-field communication (NFC).
- The global mobile wallet market reached $46.8 billion in 2014. The market is expected to reach $113.5 billion by 2020 from $635.0 billion in 2015, increasing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 41.1% from 2015 to 2020.
- North American market is expected to grow from $34.0 billion in 2015 to $158.8 billion in 2020 at a CAGR of 36.1% for the period 2015-2020.
- EMEA market will grow from $45.4 billion in 2015 to $260.3 billion in 2020 at a CAGR of 41.8% for the period 2015-2020.
Introduction & Scope
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
This report provides a detailed analysis of the global mobile wallet market. It discusses the mobile wallet value chain, drivers, challenges and advantages. This information will be useful for those involved in strategic planning, marketing, sales, and development of mobile wallet and related markets.
The major objectives of this study are:
- To analyze and forecast revenues of the global mobile wallet market.
- To identify driving and restraining factors for the global mobile wallet market.
- To identify and analyze the global mobile wallet market on the basis of mode of payment, such as remote payment and near-field communication (NFC).
- To provide comprehensive market sizing and revenue forecasts for various applications such as mobile commerce, mobile ticketing, money transfers, mobile coupons and micropayments.
- To strategically profile and present their core competences for suppliers in the mobile wallet market.
- To identify recent agreements and collaborations, new product launches, and mergers and acquisitions in the global mobile wallet market.
Projections for mobile wallet technologies will be made for geographical regions including North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico); EMEA (Germany, France, Italy, U.K. and other); Asia–Pacific (China, India, Japan, Australia); and the rest of the world (ROW).
SCOPE OF REPORT
The market is segmented on the basis of technologies: mobile commerce—mobile payment solutions (mobile shopping, bill payments, entertainment and events and hotels), contactless near-field communication (NFC); mobile coupon; money transfer; mobile micropayment; mobile ticketing—rail, metro and bus tickets; airline tickets and boarding passes; passenger check-in; baggage check-in; and micropayments. This report will also outline in detail the following product segmentations: NFC chips, NFC tags, NFC readers, NFC micro secure digital (SD) cards and NFC SIM or universal integrated circuit cards (UICCs). The scope of the mobile wallet market will exclude online payments, payments through debit or credit cards (electronic fund transfers at the point of sales) and online trading. The mobile wallet includes only the payments made through exclusive service providers through a personalized mobile wallet account.
Each mode of payment is analyzed in terms of current global market size; forecast for 2014 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2015 through 2020; and the region sizing and forecasting for North America, EMEA, Asia-Pacific and ROW. In addition to the data, the report provides insight on market demand drivers and supplier strategies. Key players are also profiled as well as the mobile wallet value chain.
This report will be of particular interest to manufacturers of mobile wallet products, mobile network operators, mobile software developers, OSS and BSS solution providers, handset and tablet manufacturers, content and applications aggregators and mobile payment service providers. It will also be of high interest to professionals within governments and regulatory agencies and associations, as it will aid understanding of
the scope and pace of mobile wallet as they continue to expand in the market.
A top-down approach was used to estimate the size of the global mobile wallet market. The key players were identified through secondary research, and their market revenues were determined through primary and secondary research. This included study of the annual reports of top market players and interviews with key opinion leaders such as CEOs, directors and marketing professionals. The size of the global mobile wallet market was derived from the aggregation of the market shares of the major players. Forecasts are based on an analysis of trends such as smartphone production penetration. The penetration of micro markets was established through secondary sources and validated through primary sources.
The data for this report were gathered from primary and secondary sources. Sources include information obtained from industry analysts, manufacturer and company reports, industry trade journals and industry associations. Additional information was obtained from the National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM), European Payments Council (EPC), European Union (EU), General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Federal Communications Commission (FCC), Federal Trade Commission (FTC), Federal Reserve (Feds) and Government Enterprise Mobility Solutions (GEMS).
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03961389-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/mobile-wallet-and-payment-technologies-global-markets-300296764.html