NEW YORK, June 3 /PRNewswire/ -- Modern Bride magazine unveils the World's
50 Best Honeymoons, as featured in the August/September issue's eighth annual
honeymoon survey of 3,000 of America's top travel agents. Travel agents
ranked good value, cruise lines, sports/adventure, over-the-top luxury, and
resorts with spas as the main trends honeymooners seek. The overall top ten
honeymoon destinations in 2004 are:
1. Hawaii continues to rank as the number one honeymoon spot for the 8th
year in a row.
2. Jamaica is now in second place (3rd in 2003) as the sexiest honeymoon
destination in the Caribbean.
3. Mexico is in the top 3 offering affordability and new hotels and
4. Tahiti including Moorea and Bora Bora seduce newlyweds to the
seclusion of the South Pacific.
5. St. Lucia in the Caribbean is secluded and sexy.
6. Italy tops the list in food and culture.
7. U.S. Virgin Islands give honeymooners 3-for-1 with beautiful St.
Croix, St. Thomas and St. John.
8. Aruba's sunny weather ensures it a top spot for beaches and water
9. Las Vegas and its 130,000 hotel rooms and titillating nightlife make
it a top hotspot.
10. Bermuda with all its British refinement beckons honeymooners seeking
Travel experts also named places with the most luxurious amenities,
Ultimate honeymoon suite: Overwater bungalow, Bora Bora Lagoon
Resort, French Polynesia
Ultimate resort for seclusion: Bora Bora Lagoon Resort,
Most luxurious bathroom: Four Seasons Resort, Hualalai, Hawaii
Best resort spa: Grand Wailea Resort & Spa in Maui
The most popular major honeymoon cities (ranked in order) are: Paris,
Honolulu, Venice, San Francisco, and Sydney, Australia. The top destination
wedding locations (ranked in order) include: Hawaii, Jamaica, Fiji, Bermuda,
and Las Vegas.
The following research compiled by the Fairchild Bridal Infobank
summarizes the economic impact newlyweds have on the travel industry:
> Average honeymoon costs $3,700 > Average length of honeymoon is eight
> 10% of newlyweds take cruises > 10% of marriages are destination
for their honeymoon weddings
> 40% of honeymooners will stay at a resort vs. 27% at a large hotel vs.
10% at a small hotel
The August/September issue of Modern Bride is available on newsstands June
15, 2004. For more information visit http://www.modernbride.com.
SOURCE Modern Bride Magazine