mophie expands juice pack selection for iPhone 5 with launch of juice pack air
SANTA ANA, Calif., Feb. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, mophie announced the availability of the juice pack air for iPhone 5. mophie's award-winning battery case has evolved with every generation of the iPhone to become the industry standard in power and protection. The new juice pack air comes just two weeks after the launch of the juice pack helium, mophie's lightest, thinnest battery case to-date, and continues the brand's momentum in rapidly expanding its offering of juice pack solutions for iPhone 5 users.
"We have spent months designing, engineering and testing a complete juice pack family of products, dialing in the details to make the user experience flawless from the moment the consumer puts the case on their iPhone 5," said Ross Howe, vice president of marketing at mophie. "Introducing juice pack helium was an exciting way to launch, and the swift release of juice pack air should be an indicator to mophie and Apple fans alike that we still have a lot of innovation for the iPhone 5 up our sleeve."
The new juice pack air allows iPhone 5 users to do more with their device on one charge, packing 1700 mAh to double the battery life of the device with the simple flip of a switch. The juice pack air is engineered to deliver edge-to-edge protection and touts a 10 percent thinner design than the previous air model. New proprietary design with pass though buttons allows effortless access to key phone features like volume and mute switches.
Available now for $99.95 at mophie.com, the juice pack air for iPhone 5 comes in three colors: monochromatic soft touch black, glossy white and metallic red in collaboration with Product (RED).
Additional features include:
- Do More… Lots More—A 1700 mAh battery means that iPhone 5 users will be able to do more of everything they love with their iPhone 5, from talking and watching to listening and viewing
- Up to 10 additional hours talk time on 3G
- Up to 8 additional hours internet use on 3G; 11 hours Wi-Fi
- Up to 40 hours additional audio playback
- Up to 10 hours video playback
- Lightning Pass Through—Simple lightning pass-through enables users to charge the iPhone 5 and juice pack together with the included micro USB cable.
- Enhanced Sound—The juice pack air design acts as a virtual speaker box, redirecting sound from the bottom of the iPhone 5 to the front, resulting in a richer, fuller sound quality
- Charge on Demand—A simple switch allows for standby and charging mode so you only have to use the juice pack air battery when you need it
- LED Battery Indicator—A discreet LED light panel tells you exactly how much "juice" is available in the case at the push of a button, and blinks for 30-seconds when lightening cable is connected
- Fast Charge – Charging output has been upgraded from .5A to 1A which delivers a faster charge to your iPhone 5
To see the juice pack air in action, check out this video. For additional information regarding the new juice pack air and juice pack helium for iPhone 5 as well as mophie's full line of products, please visit http://www.mophie.com.
mophie is an award-winning designer and manufacturer of accessories that let consumers do more with their portable devices. From the action sports enthusiast to the business professional, student and outdoorsman, mophie products fit into the lives of those who rely on smartphones and tablets to stay connected. mophie products are available in more than 100 countries, and can be purchased in Apple stores worldwide, AT&T, Best Buy, Verizon, Sprint, and on www.mophie.com. Follow mophie on Twitter, Facebook or on Instagram.