More Than 167,000 Fans Flock to Target Facebook Page Helping Donate $3 Million to Ten Charities
With over 77,000 Votes, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital(R) Wins
With 291,399 votes tallied, Target will donate a portion of the
- St. Jude Children's Research Hospital - 77,427 votes (26.6%) =
- American Red Cross - 77,118 votes (26.5%) =
- The Salvation Army - 38,004 votes (13%) =
- Operation Gratitude - 22,627 votes (7.8%) =
- Breast Cancer Research Foundation - 19,264 votes (6.6%) =
- Feeding America - 15,574 votes (5.3%) =
- HandsOn Network/Points of Light Institute - 11,378 votes (4.0%) =
- Parent Teacher Association - 10,904 votes (3.7%) =
- National Park Foundation - 9553 votes (3.3%) =
- Kids In Need Foundation - 9,190 votes (3.2%) =
"On behalf of our patients and families, a heartfelt thank you to Target and the thousands of Facebook members who voted for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital during the Bullseye Gives campaign," said
Funds raised through the Bullseye Gives campaign will support the groundbreaking research and lifesaving care at St. Jude, including the St. Jude School Program. For children undergoing treatment, school can offer a familiar and reassuring routine. In addition, school helps patients maintain a sense of identity, hope for the future and most importantly educational parity with their peers back home. With this in mind, the St. Jude School Program offers several services to assist patients with their academic progress while they undergo treatment at St. Jude. The St. Jude School Program is accredited as a Special Purpose School by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
During the two-week campaign, Bullseye Gives generated incredible results and voter response, including:
- Target Facebook Page added 97,091 new fans
- During the campaign, the Target Facebook Page increased daily views by 4,800%*
- Target Facebook Page experienced a 3,000% surge in wall posts, with more than 3,000 personal stories shared throughout the campaign*
- More than 167,000 fans on Facebook voted for the charity of their choice
- St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and American Red Cross received over 53% of total votes
"We're grateful to the online community for their passionate response to Bullseye Gives and their willingness to share personal stories about why these charities are important to them. We're excited that all ten amazing charities will receive a generous donation, as well as increased awareness through social networking platforms," said
As part of company's continued commitment to service, Target offered to connect all Bullseye Gives participants with local volunteer opportunities through a partnership with VolunteerMatch, an organization that offers an array of programs to support community and civic service 365 days a year. Over 2,200 fans on Facebook clicked through to the VolunteerMatch service page to find causes and volunteer programs in their local communities.
Since 1946, Target has given 5 percent of the company's income to support education, social services, the arts, and volunteerism. Today, that 5 percent adds up to more than
Facebook(R) is a registered trademark of Facebook Inc.
* As of
Contact: Kristen Dinisio Jones IMRE 410-821-8220 Target Communications 612-696-3400
Visit the Target Pressroom: Target.com/pressroom
SOURCE Target Corporation
More by this Source
Target Announces Brands Set to Launch in Canadian Stores
Jan 25, 2013, 08:13 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.