mPassport® App Update Makes Medical Care More Convenient for Global Travelers
RADNOR, Pa., Feb. 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- HTH Worldwide, a global health services and technology company, today announced a new update for mPassport®, which was recently highlighted in Travel + Leisure magazine's list of 100 Ways to Travel Better.
mPassport is included in all HTH Worldwide insurance plans and is available through a subscription at mPassport.com. Millions of students, expats and leisure travelers have access to the mPassport tools and databases and use it to locate medical providers, request appointments and arrange for direct payment to the providers by HTH. The latest update includes the following enhancements to make it even easier to connect to local quality care and to learn more about safety concerns in global destinations:
- File a claim by entering information in the app or sending a photo of a completed form
- Access issued Guarantees of Payment to share with others, including doctors and hospitals
- Look up the local brand name and formulation for medications in forty-two countries (including these recent additions: Bahamas, Cyprus, Jamaica, Jordan, Panama, Philippines and Turkey)
- Play audio translations for medical terms and phrases in twelve languages: Arabic, Chinese, English, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish
- View country or city profiles on crime, terrorism and natural disasters
"Today's world travelers rely heavily on their mobile devices," said Janet Hnat who is responsible for Information Technology at HTH Worldwide. "We are committed to improving the way travelers access and pay for healthcare. The recent updates to the mPassport app make it easier for HTH insurance members to get trusted care without high out-of-pocket expenses or a drawn out claims process."
The app is available through the App Store, Google Play and Amazon.com.
About HTH Worldwide
HTH Worldwide is a global leader that provides access to quality healthcare information and services all around the globe. HTH's mission is to help people anywhere and anytime understand, navigate and access the best available healthcare services. HTH Worldwide will remain an industry leader in the design, development and distribution of mobile and online global resources across a variety of channels to accomplish its mission. For further information, visit http://www.hthworldwide.net.
Contact: Moira Bishop
SOURCE HTH Worldwide