LAS VEGAS, Jan. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- MPi (www.mpiworldclass.com), a leading provider of revenue and retention solutions for automotive dealership service departments, today announced that it will unveil a revolutionary new tool, EDGE WorldClass™ PORTAL, at the 2012 NADA & ATD Convention and Expo in Las Vegas, NV, February 3-6, in Booth #1479. The online platform takes MPi's successful Know Your Vehicle Report, the ultimate service-selling tool and customer takeaway, and automatically generates personalized web pages, featuring a fully interactive 3-D experience that includes detailed service recommendations, photos, videos and diagnostics.
PORTAL is MPi's newest enhancement to the EDGE WorldClass™ solution for dealership fixed operations. PORTAL is a uniquely designed personalized website that engages the customer more effectively with the service department.
The Know Your Vehicle Report has proven to be an extremely powerful tool for promoting customer retention; dealerships using it enjoy over 30 percent of upsells from return visits within 30 days of initial service. The company predicts that the enhanced customer experience by delivering it online in PORTAL will drive results even higher.
PORTAL was developed to give the customer a more personal experience with their service department, along with easy access to their vehicle maintenance history and repair recommendations. It provides a fully interactive and data-rich experience that engages the dealership customer more effectively with the service department. Accessible 24/7, it enables the customer to access their inspection results and vehicle history in a cutting-edge digital technology as follows:
- PORTAL provides an interactive 3-D version of the customer's vehicle with problem areas pinpointed that the customer can click on to find out more information about the current recommendations.
- Photos of the specific trouble points on the vehicle are easily sent to the customer's personalized PORTAL site through the EDGE WorldClass PHOTOS module, uploaded from mobile phones or tablets.
- Video links are also provided with short videos that offer more in-depth information to help the customer better understand the recommendations.
- PORTAL provides a complete profile for the customer with a full history of their vehicle. It includes all previous inspection reports and declined recommendations that the customer can view.
- If a customer owns more than one vehicle at that dealership, they can view information for both vehicles and flip between the two.
- All Know Your Vehicle Reports are available in PDF format for customer downloads.
- The site can be customized by each dealership with different banners, colors, and designs.
PORTAL can be accessed by the service advisor to help better educate the customer about needed repairs and prices during the initial service visit. It is viewable on computers, Smartphone, Apple and Android tablet devices. It provides the service advisor with information on the customer's vehicle so the service advisor can give a heads-up to the vehicle owner about any previously declined service that should now be done. In this way the customer can be better prepared and does not feel ambushed by an expensive repair they may not have been expecting.
"With EDGE WorldClass™ we've started an essential industry standard practice similar to F&I. It's called I&R: Inform and Retain. MPi provides the leading I&R solution for dealerships. Our new PORTAL module certainly proves this out; it's a very powerful customer retention and selling tool," says Rich Holland, MPi President. "Whether the service advisor sits down with the customer at the computer and goes through PORTAL, or the customer accesses it at home, it takes the pressure off any sales pitch for the service advisor and helps the vehicle owner make up their own mind. The customer can review pictures and videos in their own time, perhaps show it to their spouse and take the time to make an informed decision. It empowers our dealers and their customers with knowledge."
EDGE WorldClass™, the only proven dealership service solution, is now more powerful and will be re-launched at NADA 2012. It is the most comprehensive product suite that is now more flexible, nimble and personalized; customizable to fit the exact needs of any dealership. From Express to Mobile technology, to any configuration of service bays, EDGE WorldClass™ empowers customer pay profitability. According to a recent study of the more than eight hundred franchise dealerships using the system, EDGE WorldClass produces a much sought after average monthly up-sell from inspections of $81,996. EDGE WorldClass™ will be unveiled at the 2012 NADA & ATD Convention and Expo in Las Vegas, NV, February 3-6, booth #1479. To sign up for a demonstration call 888-503-8040 or visit www.MPiWorldClass.com.
For more information visit: http://www.MPiWorldClass.com