MY MUSIC: '60s GIRL GROOVES Debuts on PBS Stations Nationwide Starting August 3, 2013
-- Host Mary Wilson of The Supremes Spotlights the Greatest Female Groups and Soloists of the Sixties --
PITTSBURGH, Aug. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- For the first time ever, the MY MUSIC series spotlights the girl groups and solo singers from the early and mid-1960s in an all-archival celebration that features original performances by The Shirelles, Petula Clark, The Supremes, Dusty Springfield, The Shangri-Las, Skeeter Davis, The Angels and many more. Curating rare footage from worldwide video vaults, MY MUSIC: '60s GIRL GROOVES is part of special programming premiering on PBS stations beginning August 3, 2013 (check local listings).
"This period in American pop music was very special," says series creator TJ Lubinsky. "It was a time of innocence, angst, puppy love, heartbreak and, most of all, great memories of carefree youth -- like the feeling of those wonderful summers in our teens -- wherever we were hearing these songs on the radio." It's early female rock and pop at its best on PBS, hosted by the always vivacious and "Supreme" Mary Wilson.
MY MUSIC: '60s GIRL GROOVES includes these performances:
- "My Boyfriend's Back" – The Angels
- "Heatwave" – Martha & The Vandellas
- "The Leader Of The Pack" – The Shangri-Las
- "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow" – The Shirelles
- "Da Doo Ron Ron" – The Crystals
- "I Will Follow Him" – Little Peggy March
- "I Hear A Symphony" – The Supremes
- "The Loco-Motion" – Little Eva
- "I Only Want To Be With You" – Dusty Springfield
- "Johnny Angel" – Shelley Fabares
- "The End Of The World" – Skeeter Davis
- "It's My Party" – Lesley Gore
- "The Shoop Shoop Song (It's In His Kiss)" – Betty Everett
- "What The World Needs Now Is Love" – Jackie DeShannon
- "Yes, I'm Ready" – Barbara Mason
- "My Love "– Petula Clark
- "Rescue Me" – Fontella Bass
SOURCE TJL Productions
More by this Source
TJ Lubinsky Rejoins Greater Media New Jersey's 100.1 WJRZ-FM
Jul 05, 2013, 10:35 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.