Myrtle Beach Area Receives High Praise with National Accolades, Awards
Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce/CVB Recognized for Marketing, Communications Efforts; Myrtle Beach Area Named Top Destination by Various National Outlets
MYRTLE BEACH, S.C., June 18, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- The Myrtle Beach area of South Carolina has been recognized in 2013 by national publications for several marketing and communications campaigns completed in 2012, as well as for its exemplary offering for the more than 15 million travelers visiting the 60 miles of coastline each year.
The Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce/CVB, alongside its national public relations firm, Fahlgren Mortine, received the following based on successful marketing and communication programs:
Travel + Leisure, Social Media in Travel + Tourism (SMITTY) Award
- Internationally renowned magazine, Travel + Leisure, recognized the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce/CVB for its 60 Miles in 60 Days campaign by awarding it Best Overall Use of Social Media. This is the top honor for a CVB in the prestigious SMITTY Awards. The campaign was created to encourage visitors to travel during fall months by focusing on the Grand Strand's expanse and variety across the destination. The SMITTY award recognizes companies in the travel and tourism industry from around the world that showcase the most innovative uses of social media.
The Holmes Report, Silver SABRE Award and Certificate of Excellence
- The Holmes Report, a leading national publication in the marketing and communications industry, recently awarded the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce/CVB with a Silver SABRE Award and a Certificate of Excellence in the respective categories of Special Event and Publicity Stunt for its work while hosting a 2012 Republican Presidential Primary Debate. When the candidates arrived to the destination, they were greeted by a massive sand sculpture, dubbed "Mount Myrtle," depicting the Republican presidential candidates' likeness. This stunt captured the attention of the more than 500 national and international media attending the event, resulting in more than 6.4 billion impressions.
Central Ohio PRSA PRism Awards, PRism Award and two Awards of Excellence
- The Chamber/CVB, with its central-Ohio based agency of record, received an esteemed Central Ohio PRism Award for its 60 Miles in 60 Days campaign. Utilizing elements such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and the VisitMyrtleBeach.com blog, the campaign reached more than 47.2 million consumers directly though social media alone.
- The Chamber/CVB's involvement in the Primary Debate also received an Award of Excellence for Creative Tactics after the event culminated 4,000 pieces of media coverage highlighting Myrtle Beach. Coverage for the sand sculpture included a feature in The New York Times the day of the Debate; the featured image in an 8-minute segment on "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart;" the background for a live stand-up with Rick Santorum on CNN; and a time-lapsed video of the sand sculpture being created during FOX's Debate coverage.
- A second Award of Excellence was awarded to the Chamber in the category of Media Relations. After a year of working to secure regional and national media coverage for the destination, Myrtle Beach hosted and met with more than 110 outlets in 2012, helping to generate more than 8.4 billion media impressions.
In addition to notable awards for selected programs and campaigns, the Myrtle Beach area has received several prominent accolades in 2013, including:
- TripAdvisor, Myrtle Beach included in Top 25 Travel Destinations in 2013
- Highlights Magazine, Ranked No. 3 in the Top 10 Dream Travel Destinations in the U.S. for Kids
- FlipKey, vacation rental company of TripAdvisor.com, Myrtle Beach included in Top East Coast Beaches
- ConventionSouth Magazine, Ranked No. 11 in the Top 50 Southern Hot Spots for Winter Meetings & Events
- Huffington Post, Ranked No. 6 in Top 15 Restaurant Crazy Cities
- Stadium Journey Magazine, Myrtle Beach Pelicans' ballpark included in 101 Best Stadium Experiences in Sports in 2013
For additional information on the Myrtle Beach area, visit www.visitmyrtlebeach.com or call (888) Myrtle-1.
Media Contact: Ann Marcum Fahlgren Mortine, 614.383.1634, email@example.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce/CVB
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.