Ne-Yo and Wyclef Headline Black Enterprise/Pepsi Golf & Tennis Challenge This Labor Day, Sept. 1-5 Plus, comedians Anthony Anderson and Mark Curry, CSI: NY star Hill Harper, a special performance by Ledisi and more at the Doral Golf Resort and Spa in Miami, FL
NEW YORK, Aug. 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Ne-Yo, Wyclef Jean, Hill Harper, Anthony Anderson, Mark Curry and Ledisi will join more than 1,000 of the nation's top African American professionals, business executives and entrepreneurs in Miami for the Black Enterprise/Pepsi Golf & Tennis Challenge. Taking place Sept. 1-5 at Marriott's Doral Golf Resort and Spa, the highly anticipated event offers an exclusive opportunity to play in the footsteps of the masters on five championship golf courses, enjoy top-notch tennis facilities, or unwind at one of the largest and most popular spas in the country.
Highlights of the 2011 Black Enterprise/Pepsi Golf & Tennis Challenge:
- Opening night Mardi Gras in Miami celebration featuring a performance by Grammy-nominated singer-songwriter Ledisi
- La Pepsi F.E.T.E. Concert featuring Grammy-award winning artist Wyclef Jean
- Exclusive final dinner with comedian Anthony Anderson and intimate VIP concert with R&B chart-topper Ne-Yo
- 54-Hole Competitive Tournament Golf, Friday-Sunday, including Doral's TPC Blue Monster Course featuring long fairways, undulating greens, a deep Bermuda rough and a unique assortment of water hazards. Its famous 18th hole, with its signature fountain, has been ranked one of the top 100 holes in the world.
- 2 full rounds of Social Golf non-competitive play or Golf Academy with daily clinics and 9-hole beginner's tournament
- 3 days of Competitive or Social Tennis. Plus, Tennis Clinic for beginners.
- World-class spa services and treatments that will relax your mind, restore your body and renew your spirit; indoor and outdoor pools; men's and women's private sundecks; lap pool, cold plunge, steam, sauna, and Jacuzzi
- CSI: NY star and author Hill Harper discusses and signs his new book, The Wealth Cure; get inspired with socialite Bevvy Smith at her vision board party; and enjoy private movie screenings of Robert Townsend's In The Hive starring Michael Clarke Duncan, Vivica A. Fox and Loretta Divine, and From The Rough with Oscar-nominated actress Taraji P. Henson
- Join Rev. Al Sharpton at our sunrise church service
- Health, finance and business workshops; cutting-edge fitness classes like Zumba, Sculpt Zone and Soca Fiesta; 3-on-3 basketball tournament, shopping excursions, speed dating, Football 101, Next Chef Challenge, and the Expo Zone
Black Enterprise is proud to celebrate 17 remarkable years alongside Pepsi in providing a first-rate golf, tennis, and spa experience. Since 1994, the annual event's unique combination of business and leisure has drawn more than 1,000 attendees from around the country. Follow along on Twitter at #meetmeinmiami and #gt2011.
The Black Enterprise/Pepsi Golf & Tennis Challenge is presented by Aetna, American Express, AT&T, BMW, Frito-Lay, FedEx, Gatorade, Marriott Hotels & Resorts, Marriott Rewards, Quaker, Southwest.com, Tropicana, and Walmart. Platinum sponsors include Gyre Entertainment, Microsoft, and Polo Ralph Lauren. This year's corporate sponsors are EMC2, Herbalife, ING, LALA USA, Pepsico, Tourneau, United States Virgin Islands Development Authority and VISITUSVI.com.
BLACK ENTERPRISE, your ultimate source to build Wealth for Life, is the premier business, investing, and wealth-building resource for African Americans. Since 1970, BE has provided essential business information and advice to professionals, corporate executives, entrepreneurs, and decision makers. Every month, BLACK ENTERPRISE magazine provides 4 million readers with information on entrepreneurship, careers, and financial management. A multimedia company, BE also produces television programming, business and lifestyle events, Web content, and digital media. BLACK ENTERPRISE is the definitive source of information for and about African American business leaders, personal finance, careers and small business. Visit www.blackenterprise.com for more information.
SOURCE BLACK ENTERPRISE