Neato Robotics Frees People From Household Chores With Launch of Smart, Powerful Robot Vacuum Cleaner The Neato XV-11 is world's first robotic vacuum system with Neato RPS Technology(TM) so it can intelligently map and methodically clean all types of floors
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Dec. 16 /PRNewswire/ -- Neato Robotics(TM), a Silicon Valley startup pioneering new products to free people from household chores, today introduced a new home robot vacuum cleaner that raises the bar for automated floor cleaning. The Neato XV-11 all-floor vacuum system is the first mass-market consumer robot to offer Room Positioning System (RPS) Technology(TM) that uses laser vision to map your entire floor space and avoids most obstacles that other robots can only detect by impact.
By leveraging advanced technologies, Neato Robotics engineers have created a simply smarter robot that thoroughly cleans an area in less time. The energy savings from its cleaning efficiency has been redirected to the most powerful robotic vacuum system based on jet engine design, which allows it to pick up all types of debris. The Neato XV-11 is designed to meticulously clean floors on a daily basis; ensuring owners enjoy neater, healthier homes and more free time for themselves.
The Neato XV-11 is the first mapping robot with intelligent path planning and cleaning. Using RPS Technology, the Neato XV-11 has a 360-degree view of a room, allowing it to map the details including walls, furniture, doorways and other obstacles up to four meters away. Unlike other cleaning robots that randomly bounce around a room, the Neato XV-11 maps the room with its RPS Technology. It then methodically cleans floors using SLAM (simultaneous localization and mapping) technology and path planning algorithms to outline the area to clean and then fully clean within the space in a back-and-forth pattern.
"Our team of Neato engineers, some of whom are career roboticists, have worked tirelessly to squeeze innovation from commodity computing products and pioneer a smarter, more powerful robot vacuum than any previously seen on the market," says Max Safai, chief executive officer of Neato Robotics. "We are providing all types of people - including busy families, working professionals, pet owners and seniors - with an incredibly simple and effective solution to keep homes neat and clean so they can spend less time cleaning and more time doing what they enjoy."
The Neato XV-11 is a true vacuum that painstakingly cleans floors and carpets, which means high standards are not compromised. In fact, over time and with consistent use, Neato home cleaning robots are even more thorough than humans.
"Since my wife and I are busy professionals with lots of floor space and many pets, a powerful robot vacuum cleaner that delivers on the promise of thoroughly cleaning our home without our intervention is certainly an enticing one," says Rob Enderle, principal analyst of The Enderle Group. "The Neato XV-11 is a competitively priced new offering that incorporates advanced robotics technologies that have never been available in consumer service robots before."
Some of the innovative features and benefits of the Neato XV-11 all-floor vacuum cleaner include:
- Powerful cleaning system: At the vacuum's core is a centrifugal compression impeller that follows jet engine airflow principles. It creates sustained high-powered suction, allowing the Neato XV-11 to thoroughly pick up dirt and debris.
- Scuff-free navigation: The robot's RPS technology constantly updates its internal map so it can accurately detect objects greater than four inches in height and carefully clean around them without damaging furniture and walls.
- Low- profile access: The robot vacuum cleaner's low profile (less than four inches high) allows it to clean under beds, sofas, and toe-kicks in the kitchen.
- Smart design and large dirt bin: The robot vacuum cleaner's D-shape allows it to better clean the corners of a room compared to other circular-shaped robots. This industrial design also allows for a larger dirt bin (660cc or .69 quarts).
- Self-docking to re-power: After completing its cleaning, it returns automatically to its base to re-charge itself. By utilizing the charging base, the robot is charged and ready to go when it's needed most.
- Cleaning scheduler: With its easy-to-use interface, consumers can schedule the robot to clean every day, resulting in a more spotless home.
Availability and Pricing
The Neato XV-11 all-floor vacuum system will be first available for purchase in the U.S. via the Neato Robotics website, and other retail partners during February 2010. The suggested manufacturer's retail price is $399. The robot includes a 30-day money back guarantee, in addition to a one-year limited hardware warranty.(1)
About Neato Robotics
Based in Silicon Valley, Neato Robotics, Inc. is a venture-funded start-up that was founded on the idea that it's possible to create robots that are smart enough to perform household chores as intelligently and efficiently as a human. Neato Robotics is dedicated to improving consumers' lives, allowing them to spend less time cleaning and more time with their families and friends. The team of Neato engineers has squeezed innovation from commodity computing products - creating a smarter and more powerful robot vacuum cleaner than any previously seen on the market.
(1) Warranty. The terms and conditions of Neato Robotic's limited warranty for the Neato XV-11 are available at www.neatorobotics.com/support
More Neato Robotics' information, product and executive images, and videos can be viewed and downloaded from: http://www.neatorobotics.com/mediaroom.html
Neato Robotics Web site/home page address is: http://www.neatorobotics.com
© 2009 Neato Robotics. Neato Robotics, Neato XV-11, the Neato logo, and Neato Room Positioning System technology are trademarks of Neato Robotics, registered in the United States and other countries.
SOURCE Neato Robotics