SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 13, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- NerdWallet, the go-to personal finance resource, announced the winners of its 2017 Best-of Awards Program for banking products today. In its second year, the NerdWallet Best-of Awards Program recognizes industry-leading options for consumers across a variety of financial products, including the best checking accounts, savings accounts, money market accounts and credit unions. As part of providing consumers with clear and objective recommendations for all their financial decisions, the Nerds evaluated dozens of banking products and credit unions to identify the best of the year.
"The winners of NerdWallet's 2017 Best-of Awards Program are examples of banking products and institutions that are optimized to best serve consumers," said Krishna Esteva, head of the banking vertical at NerdWallet. "Due to the complicated structures of banking products, consumers too often make financial decision in the dark. NerdWallet focuses on providing clear, unbiased information that highlights the best banking products and institutions available, helping consumers make more informed decisions that align with their banking needs."
NerdWallet's Award Winners for 2017 are:
Best Checking Accounts
- Alliant Credit Union: Alliant Credit Union Free High-Rate Checking
- Ally Bank: Ally Interest Checking Account
- Aspiration: Aspiration Summit Account
- Bank5 Connect: High-Interest Checking from Bank5 Connect
- Bank of Internet USA: Bank of Internet USA's Essential Checking
- Capital One: 360 Checking® by Capital One
- Charles Schwab Bank: High-Yield Investor Checking Schwab Bank
- Chase: Chase Total Checking® from Chase
- Discover Bank: Discover Cashback Checking
- Simple: Simple
Best Savings and Money Market Accounts
- Alliant Credit Union: Alliant Credit Union High-Rate Savings
- Ally Bank: Ally Online Savings
- Barclays: Barclays Online Savings Account
- Capital One: 360 Checking® by Capital One and Capital One 360 Money Market Account
- Chase: Chase Savings℠
- Discover Bank: Discover Online Savings Account
- GS Bank: GS Bank Online Savings
- Synchrony Bank: Synchrony High-Yield Savings
Best Credit Unions
- Alliant Credit Union
- Consumers Credit Union
- First Technology Federal Credit Union
These accounts and institutions represent the best of their respective categories, but NerdWallet knows that everyone has a unique financial situation. Consumers can easily identify the best products for their specific needs by using NerdWallet's free checking account comparison tool and savings account comparison tool. Detailed NerdWallet reviews of each product can be found online.
NerdWallet's Banking team selects products and institutions based on overall consumer value. To determine the 2017 winners, NerdWallet reviewed nearly 70 financial institutions: the largest U.S. banks based on factors including assets, debit card volume and Internet search traffic; the nation's largest credit unions with broad-based membership requirements; and other notable and/or emerging players in the industry.
NerdWallet offers consumers clarity for all of life's financial decisions. Whether it's regarding credit cards, insurance, loans or investing, people lack the clear, unbiased information they need to make the best choice. With NerdWallet, consumers have free access to user-friendly tools and advice that save time and money, and give them the freedom to do more. NerdWallet is based in San Francisco and employs more than 400 Nerds. NerdWallet was ranked No. 76 on the 2016 Technology Fast 500 Award List. For more information, visit nerdwallet.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/nerdwallet-announces-the-best-banking-products-for-2017-300405773.html