TALLAHASSEE, Fla., Sept. 12, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Victor Holman of Lifecycle Performance Professionals, LLC is launching the first live streaming application and website focused specifically on ensuring safe interactions between law enforcement and the communities they protect.
CopCritic is the solution to end unprovoked violence against law abiding citizens by allowing the public to view, monitor, rate, comment on and escalate situations where officers are overly aggressive or someone's life is in danger. Data gathered from ratings, comments and forum posts will be used to help improve knowledge and training for law enforcement.
Watch the powerful video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTKMERVEkIU
The CopCritic application and 3 Ls process (Launch, License, Let) is designed to de-escalate potential life threatening situations during routine stops. When a user is pulled over or stopped by police, they simply launch the application, produce their license and let's the officer know the interaction is being broadcast live on CopCritic. The user's emergency contacts will be notified and sent the link to view the interaction.
The mission of CopCritic is to end the avoidable violence, which law abiding citizens sometimes encounter when interacting with police and to disarm the tensions police have when approaching minorities, and to ensure both party's safety.
When asked why we need change, Victor Holman said, "police have killed at least 1,624 people in 2015 & 2016. 198 of them were unarmed. Only 10 cases have resulted in an officer being charged with a crime. The intent of CopCritic is not to charge officers with crimes, but to avoid these incidents all together. CopCritic will save lives."
According to a recent nation wide survey, 61% of officers do not always report serious abuse by fellow officers. And 52% turn a blind eye to excessive force committed by fellow officers
"With CopCritic, we will be able to identify officers that have a history of aggressive behavior, and get them the proper training they need before another tragic accident occurs," says Holman.
Benefits to the Public
- Complete transparency with law enforcement interactions
- A standard process for ensuring safety for police and public
- App user's loved ones get notified immediately when there is a situation
- Encourages police to be on their best behavior
Benefits to Law Enforcement
- Officers can increase public confidence and trust
- Streams can be used as training tools
- Complete transparency. Captures more than patrol car can
- Peace of mind knowing citizen is asking for safe, peaceful interaction
- Provides a bridge between law enforcement and community
Benefits to Parents
- Parents will know when child is in police custody
- Child has a standard, safe process for interacting with authorities
- There is complete transparency in the way their child is handled
- Their children will know loved ones are with them
- Parents can respond faster
Anyone looking to make a difference and help fund this important mission can support the Kickstarter campaign at the following link:
For more information, Victor Holman can be contacted at (888) 861-8733.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/new-copcritic-mobile-app-saves-lives-and-balances-racial-injustices-with-police-300326083.html
SOURCE Victor Holman