LAS VEGAS, May 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- EMC WORLD
- Today EMC announced the EMC Hybrid Cloud solution, redefining how IT organizations can get the most value from private and public clouds.
- The new solution cost-effectively delivers faster application provisioning and deployment, greater business agility, and increased levels of IT automation.
- Showcased at EMC World in Las Vegas this week, a "Build-A-Hybrid-Cloud LIVE!" team will build and demonstrate the solution in 48 hours or less and showcase its ease of use.
CONNECT WITH US AT EMC WORLD:
- Online: To track the latest EMC World 2014 happenings visit www.emcworld.com
- Live streaming: To view video of EMC World keynotes, general sessions, backstage sessions, and EMC TV coverage, visit http://www.emcworld.com/virtual
- Social: For continuous EMC World news and event updates, follow EMC on Twitter at @EMCWorld, @EMCCorp, and @EMCCloud, joining conversations with #EMCWORLD, and like EMC on Facebook
- Photos: View photos of EMC World on Flickr and tag your pictures with 'EMC World'
- View additional related news from EMC via EMC Pulse Blog
- Connect with EMC via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn
Today EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) announced the EMC Hybrid Cloud solution. IT organizations are wedged between two binary choices: the speed and agility of public cloud services and the control and security of private cloud infrastructure. The new EMC solution enables them to very quickly, easily, and cost-effectively build a hybrid cloud that embodies the best of both worlds. With a hybrid cloud, IT organizations can broker services from private and public clouds, enabling visibility and control over the best location to run business applications. The solution can also help profile applications and identify the most efficient, secure, and cost-effective IT operational model across both private and public clouds.
The EMC Hybrid Cloud solution is a new end-to-end reference architecture that is built upon EMC's industry-leading private cloud solutions. It allows customers to rapidly integrate with multiple public clouds to create a unified hybrid cloud. The solution enhances the performance, security, and compliance of an organization's private cloud with compatible, on-demand services from EMC-powered Cloud Service Providers.
The new solution is based on a Software-Defined Data Center architecture comprising technologies from across the EMC federation of companies: EMC storage and data protection, Pivotal CF Platform-as-a-service (PaaS) and the Pivotal Big Data Suite, VMware cloud management and virtualization solutions, and VMware vCloud Hybrid Service. The EMC Hybrid Cloud solution currently supports VMware environments, and will soon support OpenStack and Microsoft environments.
A new suite of EMC foundational services can help customers quickly implement the EMC Hybrid Cloud solution within their IT environment. Once the solution is deployed, customers can leverage EMC's portfolio of advanced services to capitalize on all of the benefits provided by a hybrid cloud, application modernization, workload migration, and IT-as-a-Service (ITaaS) models.
Read more about this news at EMC's product and technology blog, EMC Pulse Blog.
Features & Benefits
IT departments are under pressure to deliver higher agility and drive business revenue while maximizing efficiency and lowering costs – all while managing growth requirements resulting from cloud, mobile, social, and Big Data. The new EMC Hybrid Cloud solution addresses requirements of IT, developers, and lines of business:
- The EMC Hybrid Cloud Business User: Users will experience an easy to use self-service portal that offers a personalized catalog of services and are charged only for what they use. This environment is housed in a safe and secure data center that provides lower costs and better efficiency, and enterprise-class service levels.
- The EMC Hybrid Cloud Developer: Developers will have on-demand access to the most modern and consistent development environments, leveraging popular programing frameworks such as Java, Ruby, Node.js, and Scala, as well as a wide variety of SQL and NoSQL database technologies.
- The EMC Hybrid Cloud IT Professional: In addition to benefitting from the solution's support for both private and public clouds, IT professionals will benefit from best of breed technology composition, ease of deployment and more effective IT management, smarter health and performance monitoring, and 100% control over what their users can provision.
"Build a Hybrid Cloud Live" in Under 48 Hours at EMC World 2014
This week in Las Vegas, implementation engineers from EMC Global Services and EMC Engineering will endeavor to build a Hybrid Cloud in two days or less that is based on the EMC Hybrid Cloud reference architecture featuring Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), PaaS, Backup-as-a-Service (BaaS), Disaster Recovery-as-a-Service (DRaaS), automated monitoring and metering and usage transparency, as well as continuous availability. It will also showcase application mobility to off-premises service providers including VMware vCloud Hybrid Service and EMC Cloud Service Provider partners such as Canopy, CSC, Dimension Data, and Rackspace. Additionally, the demonstration will include the deployment of mission critical applications from Microsoft, Oracle, and SAP as well as Pivotal CF™ Platform as a Service, a leading enterprise PaaS, powered by Cloud Foundry. It delivers an always-available, turnkey experience for scaling and updating applications in the hybrid cloud.
Federation Showcase at EMC World 2014
The new EMC Hybrid Cloud solution is based on the first of the five solution areas comprising technologies from across the EMC federation of companies. The five will be showcased at EMC World:
- Software-Defined Data Center
- Data Lakes
- Security Analytics
- Virtual Workspaces
Bill Fathers, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Hybrid Cloud Services Business Unit, VMware
"The new EMC Hybrid Cloud solution with VMware vCloud Hybrid Service will enable organizations to quickly and seamlessly extend their data centers into the cloud using the same tools and processes they already have in place."
Darren Ratcliffe, SVP PaaS, Canopy
"Together, EMC's Hybrid Cloud solution and Canopy Platform as a Service, powered by EMC technology will give our customers the best of both worlds – control over their hybrid cloud environment and choice for when to scale existing services over multiple deployment targets."
Chris Flaesch, General Manager, Platform Offerings, CSC
"The combination of EMC Hybrid Cloud and CSC Storage as a Service will put our customers in the driver's seat as a true broker of services giving us a new way to deliver a diverse range of hybrid cloud services to end-users, cost-effectively."
Kevin Leahy, Group General Manager – Data Centre Business Unit, Dimension Data
"With the EMC Hybrid Cloud solution and our Managed Cloud Platform we can truly empower IT departments with the same familiar tools they use today. Our clients will be able to easily and rapidly expand their on-premise cloud to an off-premise cloud, with an even broader catalog of off-premise services from Dimension Data."
Will Knight, Vice President of Channel Partner Sales, Rackspace
"The ability to integrate the Rackspace Hybrid Cloud with the new EMC Hybrid Cloud provides customers with a robust, flexible solution to address their unique business needs. Through this collaborative effort, customers are given a common user interface for managing both their on premise cloud and Rackspace hosted applications."
EMC Executive Quote
Josh Kahn, EMC Senior Vice President of Global Solutions Marketing
"With today's announcement of the EMC Hybrid Cloud solution, we are delivering the industry's best method for IT to deliver added value to the business while evolving itself to a broker of services - whether in-house or from a public cloud. Our objective is to make it simpler for IT organizations to deploy well run hybrid clouds in a matter of days and deliver the same or even better agility and efficiency benefits to public clouds."
- Learn more about EMC Cloud offerings here
- All news today includes related information and content via EMC Pulse Blog
- Connect with EMC via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC is a registered trademark of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.
Forward-Looking Statement Legend
This release contains "forward-looking statements" as defined under the Federal Securities Laws. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to: (i) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (ii) delays or reductions in information technology spending; (iii) the relative and varying rates of product price and component cost declines and the volume and mixture of product and services revenues; (iv) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures and new product introductions; (v) component and product quality and availability; (vi) fluctuations in VMware, Inc.'s operating results and risks associated with trading of VMware stock; (vii) the transition to new products, the uncertainty of customer acceptance of new product offerings and rapid technological and market change; (viii) risks associated with managing the growth of our business, including risks associated with acquisitions and investments and the challenges and costs of integration, restructuring and achieving anticipated synergies; (ix) the ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees; (x) insufficient, excess or obsolete inventory; (xi) fluctuating currency exchange rates; (xii) threats and other disruptions to our secure data centers or networks; (xiii) our ability to protect our proprietary technology; (xiv) war or acts of terrorism; and (xv) other one-time events and other important factors disclosed previously and from time to time in EMC's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. EMC disclaims any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
SOURCE EMC Corporation