NEW from Apricorn: Aegis Padlock Fortress FIPS 140-2 Encrypted USB 3.0 Drive
Data Protection Designed and Certified for Government, Healthcare and Business
POWAY, Calif., July 19, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Apricorn (www.apricorn.com), a leading designer and manufacturer of secure encrypted USB drives debuted its Aegis Padlock Fortress, a secure drive designed specifically for the stringent requirements of the Government, Military and Healthcare.
The first USB 3.0 hardware encrypted, PIN authenticated drive to receive FIPS 140-2 Level 2 validation, the Padlock Fortress meets and exceeds 11 cryptographic security metrics, covering physical security, cryptographic key management and design integrity, making it one of the most secure USB 3.0 drives on the market.
FIPS 140-2 Security Features
- Secure PIN Access – the drive can only be recognized by your computer's OS after the correct 7-16 digit number or word has been entered.
- Military Grade AES-XTS 256-bit Hardware Encryption – Protecting 100% of your data, the Padlock Fortress ensures that a user never saves unprotected files to the drive. In addition, all data is safe even if the drive is removed from the enclosure.
- Forced Enrollment – On first use you are required to setup your own unique PIN.
- Encryption keys are randomly generated – allowing unlimited re-deployments of the drive.
- Onboard Alphanumeric Keypad – prevents hardware and software key logging attacks. The embedded keypad also eliminates the need for software and having autorun enabled to authenticate the drive.
- Software Free Design – With zero software footprint, the Padlock Fortress has no Administrator Rights to contend with or software updates to install. Cross platform compatible, the Padlock Fortress works with any OS and integrates seamlessly with other end point security solutions.
- Tamper Resistant – Epoxy resin protects the encryption circuitry boundary and if tamper with will destroy the circuit board and encryption chip.
- Dust and Water Resistant Design – Ideal for travel and harsh environments.
- Brute Force Attack Defense Mechanism – Crypto erase after a pre-determined number of consecutive failed entries.
- Auto-lock – Ideal for protecting your data when you're away from your computer, you can configure the drive to lock after a pre-determined amount of time of your choosing.
- Drive Reset – Clears all PINs and data, and creates a new randomly generated encryption key, enabling the drive to be reset and redeployed as many times as needed.
"When designing the Aegis Padlock Fortress, we wanted to create a drive that not only met, but exceeded the strictest security requirements set by the US Government, and our FIPS validated drive does just that", said Mike McCandless, VP of Sales and Marketing. "But this drive is more than that. As a part of Data Loss Protection (DLP) strategy, the Fortress provides hardware based authentication and encryption that couldn't be simpler to employ. To prove this, our corporate evaluation plan works with businesses to show just how easy this drive is to implement into their security policy."
Offered in capacities of up to 1TB, the Aegis Padlock Fortress is available either with a high capacity Hard Drive or with a super resilient Solid State Drive. Pricing starts at just $349, providing an affordable, highly scalable solution for companies looking to secure their mobile workforce.
Sporting an easy-to-use, sealed keypad that is impenetrable to dust and grit, the Aegis Padlock Fortress is ready to go right out of the box. To use for the first time, simply input your own unique PIN and you are ready to go. The onboard keypad has an additional "shift" key creating twice as many PIN combinations for added security as well as obfuscating PIN entry. The Padlock Fortress is impervious to hardware and software key logging attacks aimed at capturing your password via a keyboard, and with real-time 256-bit AES-XTS hardware encryption your data is safe 24/7.
With software free setup and operation, the Aegis Padlock Fortress requires no software updates or admin rights, making it a breeze to implement in corporate settings. Independent Admin and User PINs make it ideal for IT Managers looking to protect their mobile users. With up to four User PINs and one Admin, the drive can also be used as a secure business collaboration tool or for the transport of sensitive information.
Combine this with an integrated USB 3.0 cable for super fast data access, and you have the definitive answer to data security without compromising performance.
The Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) is required for all devices procured by the US government that utilize cryptography and is regarded as the benchmark in government data security. The validation is also essential for companies looking to adhere to data protection legislation, such as HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and PCI Compliance.
The Aegis Padlock Fortress FIPS 140-2 validation has been listed by the US National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) under certification 1965.
Apricorn's Aegis Padlock Fortress is available from online retailers and Apricorn's website at http://www.apricorn.com/padlock-fortress
Hard Drive Model
Solid State Model
500 GB: $349
128 GB: $399
750 GB: $399
256 GB: $599
1 TB: $419
512 GB: $899
3 year limited
High Resolution Image
Compatible with any standard USB port (for full USB 3.0 speeds the Padlock Fortress must be used with a USB 3.0 port). Fully compatible with Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac computers and Linux.
Apricorn, a leader in personal storage, has provided secure storage solutions for some of the most prominent names in the industries of finance, healthcare and government. Apricorn's products have become the standard for many mobile security strategies. Apricorn was founded in 1983 and has developed numerous award winning products under the Apricorn brand and has been an OEM supplier to a number of leading computer manufacturers. Apricorn is headquartered in Poway, California, and distributes products throughout North America and select countries worldwide. For additional information please visit http://www.apricorn.com.
Further information on FIPS 140-2 Level 2 Certification can be found at http://www.nist.gov
One gigabyte (GB) = one billion bytes; actual capacity depends on the operating environment and formatting.
Media Contact: Michelle Fischer, Apricorn, 858-513-4480, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.