New Market Research Surveys Identify Global Business Travelers' Airport Shopping Habits and Expenditures
FARMINGTON, Conn., Oct. 16, 2012 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Results from a recent market survey reveal that a total of 77% and 51% of business travelers in North America shopped at duty-free and duty paid shops respectively, for '3 times or less' in the last six months. The average time spent by a business traveler from Asia-Pacific at duty-free airport retail outlets is 26 minutes while the average time spent by a respondent from North America at duty-free airport retail outlets is 22 minutes.
'Utilization of time', 'last minute gifts', and 'renowned brands at discounted prices' as the most important motivational factors of purchases at airport retail stores as identified by the business travelers from North America.
Asia-Pacific travelers declared that 46% of their purchases at duty-free airport retail stores were pre-planned while North American travelers declared that in the last six months, 36% of their purchases at duty-free airport retail stores were 'pre-planned'.
Global Information Inc (GII) is pleased to announce the availability of two significant new market research reports covering global airport retail trends among business travelers from our premium market research partner, Canadean.
Global Business Travelers' Airport Retail Trends, 2012-2013
The average expenditure of European travelers per visit to duty-free and duty paid airport retail outlets is US$76 and US$51 respectively.
"Global Business Travelers' Airport Retail Trends, 2012-2013" is a new report by Canadean that analyzes trends in airport retail and explores how opportunities and demand are set to change in 2012-2013. This report not only provides a comprehensive overview of business travelers visits and time spent at airport retail stores in 2012, but also showcases average expenditure. Additionally, it identifies average expenditure on food and beverages. This report identifies the product and purchasing trends at airport retail outlets, and the significance of websites in pre-planned purchases. In addition, this report outlines the key products that occupy the most airport retail space, and the survey analyzes the most popular products purchased by business travelers at airport retail outlets. Furthermore, the report provides insight into the key drivers that help promote frequent visits and identifies the most important business travelers concerns in purchasing at duty-free outlets. The report also provides access to information categorized by age, gender, annual income, and travel frequency.
An Executive Summary for this report and free sample pages from the full document are available at http://www.giiresearch.com/report/can252314-global-business-travelers-airport-retail-trends.html
Airport Retail Trends of Business Travelers in North America, 2012-2013
According to the Canadean survey, in the last six months a total of 77% and 51% of business travelers shopped at duty-free and duty paid shops respectively, for 3 times or less (see graph below). The average time spent by a respondent from North America at duty-free airport retail outlets is 22 min, while the time spent at duty paid airport retail outlets is recorded at 19 minutes per visit in 2012. In the last six months, the average North American respondents contribution towards shopping at airport retail stores is identified at 7% of their overall shopping volumes.
Overall, North American travelers declared that in the last six months, 36% of their purchases at duty-free airport retail stores were pre-planned, while 64% of purchases were impulsive. In total, 66% of their overall purchases made at duty paid airport retail outlets turned out to be impulsive, whereas the remaining 34% constituted pre-planned purchases.
An Executive Summary for this report and free sample pages from the full document are available at http://www.giiresearch.com/report/can251937-airport-retail-trends-business-travelers-north.html
About Global Information Inc. Global Information (GII) (http://www.giiresearch.com) is an information service company partnering with over 300 research companies around the world. Global Information has been in the business of distributing technical and market research for more than 25 years. Expanded from its original headquarters in Japan, Global Information now has offices in Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, Europe and the United States.
Media Contact: Jeremy Palaia Global Information, Inc., 1-860-674-8796, Press@gii.co.jp
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Global Information, Inc.
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.