MAHWAH, N.J., June 28, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Leveraging the expertise and passion of celebrated cheesemonger Roland Barthélemy, worldwide leader in specialty cheese Savencia Fromage & Dairy introduced today the new Roland Barthélemy Signature Collection of eight "haute fromagerie" cheeses new to the U.S. market from France.
An Ambassador of the French Patrimony of Cheese and respected throughout the world for his culinary knowledge, Roland Barthélemy curated the new collection to bring premium, specialty cheeses from artisanal cheesemakers, farms and small cheese shops across France to the U.S. for the first time ever. Each cheese reflects and pays homage to its regions' unique personality in every bite, and the offerings range from cheeses aged in stone cellars to a double crème aged with a wine cork for ripening.
"Cheese is an amazing ingredient and culinary tool, able to adapt itself to different uses, from simple recipes to more intricate ones; it offers rich, modern and generous associations allowing us to discover tasteful combinations," said Roland. "This collection features delectable cheese with unique stories and processes that previously were nonexistent in the United States. I'm excited to introduce these elegant, gourmet cheeses to a new audience."
The Roland Barthélemy Signature Collection includes:
- La Fromage au Bouchon – From the region of Dordogne, the award-winning La Fromage au Bouchon is made from cow's milk. With a wine cork placed in the heart of the cheese, this double crème develops character during the aging process for a unique flavor that melts in the mouth.
- Le Montagnard des Vosges – Featuring local cow's milk from the mountains of Vosges, Le Montagnard des Vosges is soft-ripened, smooth and creamy, developing earthy tones as it ages.
- Le Bleu de la Boissière – Balancing blue and goat's milk flavors, the unique Le Bleu de la Boissière is made in a rigorous process from fresh whole milk of Alpine goats at the edge of the forest of Rambouillet, near Versailles. It was awarded a Silver Medal at the 2017 World Cheese Awards in France.
- Le Severac – Produced by a third-generation family-run farm in Auvergne, who have been making cheese since the early 1900s, Le Severac's raw cow's milk is aged in stone cellars for nine to 12 months, resulting in spicy, peppery notes. This cheese won a Gold Medal at the 2017 World Cheese Awards.
- Esquirrou – From the southwest region of Pays Basques, Esquirrou is made from the rich milk of black and red-faced sheep and is aged a minimum of 90 days following a meticulous ancient cheesemaking process of brushing and turning the cheese during the aging period.
- Etorki Reserve – This special reserve semi-soft cheese made with pasteurized milk from Manech Ewes possesses the complexity of burnt caramel and a smooth, velvety texture.
- Maroilles Fauquet – This cow's milk cheese is put in brine then curing rooms to form the unique orange-colored rind, which is brushed several times throughout the precise ripening process while its bouquet emerges with a slightly sweet taste.
- Boursault – A soft ripened, triple crème produced in the Loire Valley, Boursault is one of the most popular triple-creams today, due to its ultra-creamy texture and rich flavors.
The Roland Barthélemy Signature Collection joins Savencia's prestigious lineup of premium French cheese, including Saint Agur, Saint André, Etorki and more, and will be available at premium retailers including Whole Foods, Wegmans, Fairway and Murray's Cheese Shop beginning this fall.
For more information, please visit www.savencia.com.
ABOUT SAVENCIA CHEESE USA
SAVENCIA Cheese USA, formerly Alouette Cheese USA, brings a new dimension of taste and indulgence to cheese and everyday snacking with pioneering, first-to-market innovations and exclusive French imported offerings. SAVENCIA Cheese USA products include household name brand Alouette® and prestige French imports such as Saint-Agur®, Saint-Andre®, Supreme®, Chaumes®, Saint-Albry®, Etorki® and others. SAVENCIA Cheese USA is part of France's SAVENCIA Fromage & Dairy, the worldwide leader in specialty cheese known for excellence in flavor and innovations across dairy, cheese and gourmet foods. For more information, please visit www.savencia-fromagedairy.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/new-roland-barthelemy-signature-collection-brings-eight-new-haute-fromagerie-cheeses-from-france-to-us-300480729.html
SOURCE SAVENCIA Cheese USA