NewspaperDirect Helps Sports Fans Keep Their Eyes on the Ball by Signing Greenway Publishing's Five Sports Newspapers & Magazines UK sports publisher makes a deft move and gets in front of an international audience by leveraging NewspaperDirect's cross-border, multichannel publishing solutions
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Feb. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- UK-based Greenways Publishing, publisher of five popular sports newspapers and magazines, is going global by launching its titles on the NewspaperDirect (ND) multichannel digital content network. Starting today, each of Greenways Publishing's newspapers and magazines will go live on three digital channels in a move that boosts Greenways' presence with international sports fans: the ubiquitous PressReader application, its companion website, PressDisplay.com, and ND's Print-On-Demand channel.
"Sport has universal appeal and, as a UK-based publisher, we've always wanted to reach the international enthusiasts," said David Emery, managing director of Greenways Publishing. "NewspaperDirect's technology gives us everything we need to broaden our reach, and makes it incredibly easy for us to deliver a top-quality digital product to our readers everywhere, on whatever device they prefer."
The five Greenways Publishing newspapers and magazines now live on the ND digital news network include:
- The Rugby Paper, the UK's top-selling newsstand rugby title, which covers the sport and all matches, national and international teams, and the Premiership and international fixtures, and right down to local teams.
- The Non-League Paper, the only paper that covers non-league football from top to bottom, and the recognised authority on non-league soccer.
- The Football League Paper, which offers fans of football outside the Premier League their own dedicated newspaper. It offers extensive coverage for all 72 football league clubs with news, features and gossip plus comprehensive match reports.
- The Cricket Paper, the UK's only all-cricket weekly newspaper that covers cricket matches from around the world, from elite level to local domestic cricket.
- Late Tackle, a football magazine that goes beyond the agenda-led reporting in the national media and covers subjects that fans care about. It includes pieces from some of Britain's leading fanzines and blogs, while contributions are also received from experienced national newspaper sports journalists.
Greenways Publishing titles are welcomed by a large and growing fan base for ND's dozens of highly popular sports newspapers and magazines, including: L'Équipe (France), Récord (Mexico), Mundo Deportivo (Spain) and The Sportsman (Australia). It is the wealth of sports-related content that has made the company a chosen distribution partner at numerous world events such as the Olympics and World Cup.
"We've been getting a lot of interest from sports publishers seeking to get their brand in front of new readers to increase circulation and revenues," said Nikolay Malyarov, vice president of publishing and legal affairs at NewspaperDirect. "Reaching sports fans on the latest mobile devices is especially important for these publishers, since their readers tend to be on-the-go consumers of news content. The instant translation capabilities built into PressReader and PressDisplay.com make it possible for national publishers to appeal to international audiences."
For zero operational cost, Greenways Publishing has instantly broadened its distribution to include millions of readers around the world who access NewspaperDirect's growing network of full-content digital magazines and newspapers every day through:
- The award-winning PressReader app, available on computers, smartphones, tablets and eReaders running iOS, Android, Windows and BlackBerry operating systems. PressReader also comes pre-installed on millions of devices from ASUS, Acer, HTC, Kobo, BlackBerry and Samsung.
- PressDisplay.com, which offers browser access to enhanced, high-resolution digital replicas of Greenways' magazines to consumers, patrons at over 7,000 libraries and thousands of hotels, airlines, businesses and government offices.
- The Print-On-Demand (POD) channel, which offers high-volume distribution and roll-fed operations, contract printing and on-site printing services in thousands of locations worldwide, including luxury hotels, aviation facilities, cruise ships, yachts, businesses, embassies, governments and retailers.
About NewspaperDirect Inc.
NewspaperDirect delivers the world's newspapers and magazines to millions of readers the way they want to receive them — in print, online, or on their mobile device, tablet or eReader — wherever they live, travel, work or play. With the most innovative digital publishing technology in the industry and the only zero-operational-cost business model, NewspaperDirect is recognized as the world leader in multichannel content distribution and monetization, and is the chosen partner of more than 3,000 publishers from 100 countries.
NewspaperDirect's flagship application, PressReader and its companion online service, PressDisplay.com, deliver the most authentic newspaper and magazine reading experience on PCs, Macs, smartphones, eReaders and tablets running iOS, Android, Windows and Playbook operating systems. Today, millions of tablets come preloaded with PressReader from a growing list of leading manufacturers including ASUS, Acer, HTC, Kobo, Microsoft, RIM and Samsung. For more information, visit PressReader.com, facebook.com/pressreader, Twitter @pressreader, and youtube.com/user/pressdisplay.
SmartEdition, powered by PressDisplay technology, offers publishers a fully customizable digital edition platform with powerful and proprietary back office reporting and analysis tools (Reading Map, Ad Value Map) that help them optimally manage their content and advertisers. NewspaperDirect provides full hosting, payment acceptance, customer service management, and technical support.
PressDisplay.com, PressReader and SmartEdition are trademarks or registered trademarks of NewspaperDirect Inc. All other trademarks and registered trademarks belong to their respective owners.
Media Contact: Tim Cox, NewspaperDirect, 650-369-7784, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE NewspaperDirect Inc.