ST. LOUIS, July 19, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Researchers from Novus International are slated to present six technical abstracts at the 2016 Joint Annual Meeting (JAM) in Salt Lake City, Utah. The event runs from July 19-23, 2016, and connects the best of the best in the industry from organizations such as the American Society of Animal Sciences, the American Dairy Science Association®, the Western Section of the American Society of Animal Science and the Canadian Society of Animal Science, to bring forth solutions for the biggest challenges the industry faces today.
Novus's presentation schedule begins at 7:15 a.m. on Wednesday, July 20, as Dr. Ferdinando Alemeida, Research Scientist in Swine Nutrition at Novus, presents an oral presentation entitled "New bacterial 6-phytase expressed in Pseudomonas fluorescens improved growth performance, bone parameters and P digestibility in growing pigs."
Additional Novus presentations are scheduled as follows:
- "Effect of Production Level and Parity on Responses of Milk Fat to Supplementation with 2-hydroxy-4-(methylthio)butanoate (HMTBa)." (Wednesday, July 20, 10:30 a.m.)
- "Growth performance, bone measurements and P digestibility in nursery pigs fed diets supplemented with increasing levels of a new bacterial 6-phytase expressed in Pseudomonas fluorescens." (Wednesday, July 20, 12:00 p.m.)
- "Bioavailability of different sources of Zinc using stable isotopes in male Holstein calves." (Thursday, July 21, 7:15 a.m.)
- "Reproductive development of rotationally grazed beef heifers when supplemented chelated trace minerals." (Thursday, July 21, 1:00 p.m.)
Novus's research partners will also present the following:
- "Relative availability for lactating dairy cattle of methionine from two sources of ruminally protected methionine." (Thursday, July 21, 7:15 a.m.)
- "Effect of methionine sources and graded levels of sulfur amino acids on the growth performance of post-weaning piglets." (Thursday, July 21, 2:30 p.m.)
Novus is demonstrating its commitment to the three main goals of JAM 2016, which are "1) to present high quality, relevant science that links animal science and animal agriculture; 2) to return to our roots, by having a number of the social events that will enhance networking and add a family feel to the meeting; and 3) to set the societies up to have excellent individual 2017 meetings" with a Gold-level sponsorship.
For more information about the event, visit https://asas.org/meetings/jam-2016/home.
About Novus International, Inc.
Novus International, Inc. is headquartered in metropolitan St. Louis, Missouri, U.S.A. and serves customers in over 100 countries around the world. A global leader in developing animal health and nutrition solutions, Novus International's products include ALIMET® and MHA® feed supplements, ACTIVATE® nutritional feed acid, ACIDOMIX® preservative premixture, CIBENZA® enzyme feed additive, MINTREX® chelated trace minerals, SANTOQUIN® feed preservative, AGRADO® feed antioxidant and many other specialty ingredients. Stratum Nutrition, a division of Novus Nutrition Brands, LLC, focuses on human nutrition through specialty and functional ingredients for manufacturers of foods, beverages and dietary supplements (www.stratumnutrition.com).
Novus is privately owned by Mitsui & Co. (U.S.A.), Inc. and Nippon Soda Co., Ltd. For more information, visit www.novusint.com. ©2016 Novus International, Inc. All rights reserved.
Contact: Brandi Hamilton
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/novus-international-to-present-abstracts-at-2016-joint-annual-meeting-300298859.html
SOURCE Novus International, Inc.