NEW YORK, Dec. 16, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The Ollendorff Center for Human & Religious Understanding is announcing the commencement of the 10 Principles of Rational Religion College Outreach Program. This program is designed to make available the 10 Principles of Rational Religion to students, faculty and staffs on college and university campuses throughout the United States and around the world in order to encourage inter-faith dialogue.
At the launch, by the Ollendorff Center, of the Rational Religion movement on the Caucus New Jersey Show, hosted by Steve Adubato on PBS, The Ollendorff Center announced the creation of The 10 Principles of Rational, Ethical & Spiritual Religion.
If you would like to view the full PBS broadcast please click here: http://bit.ly/rationalreligion
These 10 Principles of Religion, which were devolved by a group of inter faith religious leaders, are designed to encourage a dialogue among all Religious Groups based upon these Principles which will, hopefully, make religion more relevant to more of its congregants in the 21st century. The following are The 10 Principles of Rational Religion:
10 Principles of Rational, Ethical, Spiritual Religion
- We believe that religions in every generation should respond rationally and creatively to the challenges of contemporary society and that reason and experience provides the foundation of religious practice.
- We believe in embracing openness to truth from every source, including philosophy, science, art and literature.
- We believe that change is an ongoing process that prevents rigidity and keeps a belief system alive.
- We believe meaning in our lives comes from the pursuit of justice, a sense of humility, the idea of mercy and an obligation to make peace with ourselves and with other peoples of the world.
- We believe that tradition and ritual are a vital part of religious practice and must comport with the highest standards of ethics; ritual solidifies religious ethical values and gives expression to our sense of self and our relationship to the Divine.
- We believe in the intrinsic dignity of every human being and that every person, however humble, deserves respect and support.
- We believe that God may be experienced when we lift ourselves above the pettiness, the littleness and the selfishness of life.
- We believe that all humankind is interrelated, bound by a common fate and a common future.
- We believe that we must be willing to acknowledge and respect the value of all religious traditions and work together to find common ground and strive for the betterment of all.
- We believe that peace is realizable and that a just society on earth is possible.
About the Ollendorff Center:
The Ollendorff Center was founded by Stephen Ollendorff, to create religious and human understanding through a series of educational programs, award winning documentaries (including the First International Peace Award at the Venice Film Festival) and global outreach programs. In addition, the Ollendorff Center offers an array of outreach and engagement programs, initiatives and resources.
To learn more about our programs please visit our website, http://OllendorffCenter.org.
If you would like more information about the Principles of Rational, Ethical & Spiritual Religion or would like to schedule an interview please contact:
Stephen Ollendorff, President, The Ollendorff Center
Video - http://youtu.be/0dyDKzoATk0
SOURCE The Ollendorff Center