OmniMount, Ergotron to Showcase Suite of Ergonomic Technologies at CES 2014 Demand grows as consumers look for modern and healthier ways to interact with TVs, computers, tablets
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- CES (Booth #26115) -- OmniMount, a leading brand of A/V mounts and accessories, will showcase its world of ergonomic work and lifestyle technologies at CES 2014, with products designed for the dedicated home theater and the evolving multi-purpose home entertainment room. Building on the JustStand movement of parent company Ergotron, OmniMount will also showcase products that allow users to interact with their personal technology (computers, laptops, tablets) in a more natural and healthy way.
"Together Ergotron and OmniMount work to offer people alternatives to traditional home and office equipment," said David Wardleworth, V.P. of the OmniMount Business Unit. "We believe one size does not fit all, so our products provide a new level of flexibility in people's day to day lifestyle – whether it's watching TV at home or working at a desk in the office. On top of that, the ergonomic designs enable people to easily incorporate more activity into their day. All in all allowing people to live and work in style and in a healthier way."
OmniMount and Ergotron will feature CES award-winning products and others, including:
- For the health conscious home worker, the WorkFit for Apple® from parent company Ergotron. The WorkFit-A for Apple, a CES Innovations Design and Engineering Award Honoree, and WorkFit-P workstations feature construction designed specifically to complement Apple desktop and laptop products. Ergotron's new height-adjustable workstations are the first sit-stand workstations to align with the sleek design Apple users have come to know and expect.
- The ActionMount series LIFT and PLAY mounts for the multi-purpose entertainment room. The collection consists of 10 products, 8 interactive mounts and 2 tilt mounts, each designed with height adjustability using Ergotron Constant Force (CF) technology for easy movement of the display.
- The LIFT50 and LIFT70 are low profile tilt wall mounts with 16" of vertical travel, requiring only a light-touch to adjust. Vertical travel allows the TV to be lifted and lowered to improve comfort and viewing for a variety of TV activities, like gaming, entertaining exercising or relaxing. The discreet mounting hardware remains hidden behind the TV, giving the panel an almost floating appearance and the slim 2.5 inch profile keeps the display close to the wall and out of the way.
- The award winning PJT40 projector mount, designed for the dedicated home theater. Several tool-less install features like MicroDial™ and QuickLock™ cater to the installer, while the overall design aesthetics of the mount appeal to end users. MicroDial™ uses turnbuckles to make quick and accurate micro adjustments (+/- 16.5 degrees pitch and roll) by hand and QuickLock™ requires no tools to align the projector legs in the appropriate position. The PJT40 supports projectors up to 40 pounds and is sold as a complete out-of-box solution.
- With the rise of the sound bar, OmniMount is also introducing a sound bar accessory designed to attach a sound bar to a wall mounted TV, eliminating the need to put holes in the wall. The universal design of the OCSBA attaches to an existing TV wall mount to hang a sound bar below it, regardless of the mount's fixed, tilt, full motion or interactive functionality.
"The home theater has turned into an active place and TVs are being watched from so many different vantage points," said John Deutsch, V.P. of Sales for OmniMount. "We realized there was a need for mounts that adjust the height of a TV, so people can comfortably watch whether they're on the couch, in the kitchen, or any other non-seated activity – like yoga or cleaning."
Ergotron, Inc. is a global manufacturer of leading digital display mounting, furniture, and mobility products that have been improving the human interface with digital displays for over 30 years. This history of innovation and passion for differentiation is evidenced in over 70 patents and a growing portfolio of award winning brands—OmniMount®, StyleView®, TeachWell®, WorkFit™ and Neo-Flex®—for computer monitors, notebooks, tablets, flat panel displays and TVs. Ergotron's products incorporate patented CF lift and pivot motion technology to achieve less effort and more ergonomic motion for a healthier and more interactive user experience when viewing any digital display. Whether to enhance computing wellness or entertainment excitement, improve workplace productivity or create business process efficiencies, Ergotron's products are positioning your digital world. Ergotron is headquartered in Saint Paul, Minnesota, with sales efforts in Phoenix, Amersfoort, London, Tokyo, and Singapore. Ergotron is a subsidiary of Nortek, Inc.(Nasdaq: NTK), a global, diversified company whose many market-leading brands deliver broad capabilities and a wide array of innovative, technology-driven products and solutions for lifestyle improvement at home and at work. Please visit www.nortekinc.com for more information.
Ergotron® and WorkFit™ are trademarks of Ergotron, Inc. Apple® is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
SOURCE Ergotron, Inc.