Consumer-style Sharing, Syncing and Social Collaboration with Enterprise-grade Security, Compliance and Reliability
ENTERPRISE WORLD, ORLANDO, FL, Nov. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - OpenText (NASDAQ: OTEX, TSX: OTC) a leading provider of Enterprise Information Management (EIM) solutions, today unveiled Tempo Social and Tempo Box at Enterprise World 2012, the company's annual customer conference. These new offerings are designed to facilitate social collaboration and secure information sharing in the OpenText Cloud and on-premises.
- OpenText Tempo Social provides an out-of-the-box social collaboration solution with enterprise-grade security, compliance and customization capabilities. Featuring a unique combination of activity feeds, communities and dashboards, as well as individual and team profiles, Tempo Social helps organizations synthesize information needs in a common user experience. Tempo Social is now available in the cloud, complementing the existing on-premises offering.
- OpenText Tempo Box allows users to easily sync, share and store information across all the devices they use, without sacrificing the records management rigor and security mandated by organizational policies and industry regulations. Tempo Box is now available as a cloud-based offering in which OpenText takes over the deployment and management of the solution. The new Tempo Box, Cloud Edition, complements OpenText's previously announced Tempo Box Express and Tempo Box Content Server Edition, which are on-premises offerings for customers who want to retain complete control over the underlying content repository.
"Tempo Social is a natural complement to Tempo Box for secure file sharing and syncing," said Muhi Majzoub, Senior Vice President of Research and Development at OpenText. "This next generation enterprise platform for interactions and communications will help customers unleash enterprise value through social technology, allowing teams to focus, work more efficiently, and connect with relevant resources and expertise throughout the enterprise. By connecting employee-to-employee, customer-to-customer and ultimately employee-to-customer, OpenText Tempo Social will be fundamental to the effectiveness of globally networked organizations."
The OpenText Tempo product family enhances social business by providing the secure and compliant enterprise information management that organizations demand. With the Tempo offerings, OpenText's market leading information governance capabilities integrate seamlessly with consumer-style file sharing and social collaboration apps to provide users with the best ways to collaborate and engage without compromising the security and compliance requirements of the enterprise. OpenText Tempo improves workforce effectiveness by breaking down organizational barriers, facilitating the transfer of knowledge and accelerating decision making processes.
"Social collaboration combined with secure information storing, sharing and syncing across multiple devices is resonating with users, but consumer clouds are creating headaches for organizations that need enterprise-class security to protect their information," said Steve Hunt, Chief Information Officer of OpenText. "We have seen tremendous adoption with the internal deployment of Tempo Social. In just three days, we've had 1,000 users create unique profiles, and we've observed immediate engagement in productive interactions between employees from different teams and on different continents - something that would otherwise never have happened, even through hundreds of scheduled conference calls."
Click to learn how OpenText is increasing collaboration and productivity across the company's 5,000 global employees through Tempo Social.
Key benefits of the Tempo family of offerings include:
- Collaborative environment allows teams to focus, work efficiently and connect with relevant resources and expertise throughout the organization
- Consumer-style ease of use complements existing information management infrastructure while adhering to corporate information security and governance standards
- Improved collaboration by tapping into the collective intelligence
- Secure file sharing and syncing both inside and outside the enterprise
- Transparent integration into user desktops, including sharing and collaborating with internal and external users
- Ability to synchronize content across any number of computers, tablets and other devices, ensuring that users always have the latest copy of documents
- Intuitive web interface for managing file information; setting permissions; sharing files, pictures, videos and status updates; collaborating in communities; and documenting vital information
Availability OpenText Tempo Box and Tempo Social are available now, in the cloud or on-premises. For additional information please visit www.opentext.com/tempo.
Both solutions will be on display November 11-16 at Enterprise World 2012, in Orlando, Florida. For updates on all the news and happenings from Enterprise World 2012, please follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/OpenTextEnterpriseWorld and on Twitter using the hashtag #OTEW2012.
To register for the event, please visit: Enterprise World 2012 registration
About OpenText OpenText provides Enterprise Information Management software that enables companies of all sizes and industries to manage, secure and leverage their unstructured business information, either in their data center or in the cloud. Over 50,000 companies already use OpenText solutions to unleash the power of their information. To learn more about OpenText (NASDAQ: OTEX; TSX: OTC), please visit: www.opentext.com.
Certain statements in this press release may contain words considered forward-looking statements or information under applicable securities laws. These statements are based on OpenText's current expectations, estimates, forecasts and projections about the operating environment, economies and markets in which the company operates. These statements are subject to important assumptions, risks and uncertainties that are difficult to predict, and the actual outcome may be materially different. OpenText's assumptions, although considered reasonable by the company at the date of this press release, may prove to be inaccurate and consequently its actual results could differ materially from the expectations set out herein. For additional information with respect to risks and other factors which could occur, see OpenText's Annual Report on Form 10-K, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and other securities filings with the SEC and other securities regulators. Unless otherwise required by applicable securities laws, OpenText disclaims any intention or obligations to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Copyright © 2012 by Open Text Corporation. OPENTEXT is a registered trademark of Open Text Corporation in the United States of America, Canada, the European Union and/or other countries. This list of trademarks is not exhaustive. Other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names, company names, brands and service names mentioned herein are property of Open Text Corporation or other respective owners.
SOURCE Open Text Corporation