OrbusNeich Files Patent Infringement Lawsuit Against Boston Scientific
Orbus is the owner by assignment of all right, title, and interest in U.S. Patent No. 7,329,277 entitled "Stent Having Helical Elements" and U.S. Patent No. 6,821,292 entitled "Crimpable Intraluminal Endoprosthesis Having Helical Elements." In its complaint Orbus alleges, among other things, that BSC has infringed these two Orbus patents relating to its proprietary luminal stent technology. Specifically the complaint alleges:
- In July of 2000, the Company entered into a Confidential Disclosure Agreement (the "CDA") with BSC in advance of discussions related to a potential business relationship;
- In connection with these discussions, Orbus provided BSC with a variety of proprietary stent samples and design details, including improved designs present in Orbus' patent application filed in December of 2000, which BSC tested, disassembled and destroyed;
- Orbus filed provisional patents on certain elements of its design on
December 11, 2000and February 9, 2001. The final associated patents were lawfully issued on February 12, 2008and November 23, 2004, respectively;
- BSC filed a patent application with new stent design drawings that were not included in any of the provisional applications over which this new application claimed priority;
- After BSC commercialized the Liberte stent, Orbus became aware of the theft of its designs by BSC; and
- BSC has been manufacturing and selling its line of Liberte stent products without consideration to Orbus, the original designer of major aspects of the Liberte product architecture, itself.
"OrbusNeich has made significant investments of both funds and resources to develop this innovative technology that is a considerable improvement upon existing cardiovascular devices," said
Additional information about background, products, associated patents and the charges raised, please view the Company's Complaint as submitted to the United States District Court for the Eastern District of
OrbusNeich designs, develops, manufactures and markets innovative medical devices for the treatment of vascular diseases. Products in the company's product portfolio are stents, balloons and guiding catheters marketed under the names of Genous(TM) Bio-engineered R stent(TM), Blazer(TM), R stent, Scoreflex(TM), Sapphire(TM), Sapphire(TM) NC, Avita(TM), Avita HP(TM), SafeCut(TM), Lumina(TM) and Saffron.
A global company, OrbusNeich is headquartered in
Media Contacts: Dan Katcher / Ed Trissel Joele Frank, Wilkinson Brimmer Katcher +1 212-355-4449 (office) firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
SOURCE OrbusNeich Medical, Inc.
More by this Source
OrbusNeich enforces injunction against Boston Scientific in Germany
May 07, 2013, 10:31 ET
OrbusNeich Announces Favorable Ruling From the European Patent Office
Feb 12, 2013, 07:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.