Ormco Celebrates World Smile Day With Recommendations on Proper Orthodontic Care Makers of the Advanced Damon® System and Insignia™ Encourage Healthy Smiles in Honor of National Orthodontics Health Month
ORANGE, Calif., Oct. 7, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Ormco Corporation, a leading manufacturer and provider of advanced orthodontic technology and services, is celebrating World Smile Day and National Orthodontics Health Month with recommendations for teens and adults on proper orthodontic care. In a study conducted by Millennium Research Group, 68 percent of surveyed individuals responded that they were interested in improving their smile. Today, approximately three million people are making strides toward achieving a healthy smile through orthodontic treatment—ultimately improving their personal health and spreading happiness.
- Smile, it's contagious. Scientific studies and psychologists agree that smiling can lift your spirits and the spirits of those around you
- Feeling good starts with your smile. Good oral hygiene eliminates hundreds of different types of bad bacteria and promotes disease-free teeth and gums. Additionally, straight and evenly spaced teeth are easier to keep clean, resulting in better oral health
- Aligned teeth create a better bite, which may reduce stress, headaches, and strain on supporting bone and tissue
- Orthodontic treatment is becoming more popular among teens and adults. According to the American Association of Orthodontists, since 1982 the number of patients who seek orthodontic treatment has increased by 155 percent
- Children should have their first orthodontic exam at age seven
- New orthodontic technology such as the Damon System and Insignia has been shown to reduce the length of treatment time by up to 25 percent compared with other orthodontic appliances
- Today's braces are not the archaic large, metal braces traditionally associated with orthodontics. Advanced solutions, such as the Damon System, provide sleek and virtually invisible treatment options that produce top quality results with fewer appointments and improved patient comfort
- People who have undergone orthodontic treatments such as the Damon System have experienced numerous benefits including broader smiles, healthier teeth and gums, enhanced facial features and increased confidence
- Thanks to 3-D modeling technology available today, patients can now achieve a custom-designed orthodontic solution for enhanced treatment quality
Ormco's flagship solutions include the Damon System and Insignia. Insignia utilizes 3-D imaging and precision manufacturing to determine, within fractions of a millimeter, the ideal treatment for patients. The Damon System is an orthodontic treatment that uses tieless brackets, hi-tech light-force archwires and minimally invasive protocols for remarkable patient results.
To further observe National Orthodontics Health Month, Ormco will be making an exciting announcement on Oct. 10, 2011, that will showcase how it plans to continue promoting the power of a healthy smile that is more than straight teeth.
To find a Damon System doctor near you please visit http://damonbraces.com/locator.
To find an Insignia doctor near you please visit www.insigniasmile.com.
Media interested in speaking with an Ormco spokesperson should contact Jennifer Jamall at 619-234-0345 or email@example.com. Connect with Ormco on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/DamonSystemBraces, or Twitter at @Damonbraces.
For more than 50 years, Ormco Corporation has provided innovative products and services that help orthodontists deliver exceptional clinical results in the least amount of time and with the greatest patient comfort. Among the company's many innovations are a number of notable "firsts," including direct bonding, rhomboid and computer-aided design (CAD) brackets, Copper Ni-Ti® wires, TMA™ beta titanium wires, and Damon® Clear™, the most aesthetic passive self-ligating bracket on the market. The company also is a pioneer in 3-D digital orthodontics with Insignia™ advanced smile design, an integrated system of customized appliances and software. Ormco is a subsidiary of Sybron Dental Specialties, Inc., a leading manufacturer of a broad range of value-added products for the dental profession, including the specialty markets of orthodontics, endodontics and implantology, and a variety of infection prevention products for use by the medical profession. For more information, visit www.ormco.com.
SOURCE Ormco Corporation