Parent tested, parent approved: Kobo Vox eReader praised for its dynamic, on-the-go functionality
Perfect for busy families, PTPA Media gives the Kobo Vox colour eReader its seal of approval
TORONTO, March 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - Kobo Inc., a global leader in eReading, is proud to announce that its Kobo Vox eReader has been given the Parent Tested Parent Approved (PTPA) seal of approval, signalling that the device is a hit with busy parents both at home and on-the-go.
With a seven-inch, FFS+ multimedia touchscreen, the Kobo Vox is perfect for families who multitask. Not only can people enjoy a best-in-class reading experience with access to latest eBook titles in vivid color, but the Kobo Vox expands the experience by letting users send email, browse their favourite websites, listen to music or watch videos, and much more.
"Kobo is thrilled to be recognized by PTPA, especially since the honour is coming from the people that matter most to us - the consumers," says Liz Ridout, V.P Marketing Communications. "We designed the Kobo Vox with people like busy parents in mind, and wanted to create a device that wasn't just easy-to-use for any age, but was also fun and functional for day-to-day living."
Light and compact enough to take anywhere, the Kobo Vox lets families embrace eReading and more through:
- A dynamic reading experience in vivid colour, with a multi-touch screen optimized for outdoor reading and an extra-wide viewing angle ideal for shared reading;
- Experience rich content in brilliant color and amazing video resolution;
- One of the world's largest eBook libraries, with millions of titles, including many popular children's books in full-colour;
- An interactive Read Along feature that connects highlighted words to instructive audio;
- Integration with Kobo's own Reading Life, which lets people track and share their reading habits through personalized stats and badges earned for time spent reading;
- Take reading to a whole new level! With Kobo Pulse readers can share ideas on passages and books with other readers;
- Seamless integration with more than 15,000 apps, including family favourites like Facebook, Twitter, The Weather Channel, Cut the Rope and more;
- A selection of stylish colours - one to suit every style: Hot Pink, Lime Green, Ice Blue and Jet Black.
With more than 41,000 volunteer testers, PTPA Media is North America's largest parent-based testing community that provides consumers with a credible, third-parent resource that helps family-focused consumers discover award-winning products and services.
What PTPA's reviewers had to say about the Kobo Vox eReader:
"The Kobo Vox is now officially my new favorite way to read. As a bookaholic, I thought that it would be difficult to give up the feeling of holding a hard cover. But Kobo makes it incredibly rewarding. … I love that I no longer have to worry about how many books I can fit in my suitcase, as they now all fit on one thin device."
- Sharon Vinderine, CEO, PTPA Media
"This is such a great and convenient product, especially for a busy working mother of two children."
- Maria Louisa O.
"Don't think twice when it comes to e-reader: Kobo Vox takes eReading to the next level. Everything you need to connect with others via the web and your books are easily accessible in this easy to use eReader. A good book is a good book, whether you read it on paperback or via eReader, Kobo Vox."
- Erica A.
"I loved this device. Having the WiFi and sharing capability really made it a winner."
- Dee B.
About Kobo Inc.
Kobo Inc. is one of the world's fastest-growing eReading services offering millions of eBooks, magazines and newspapers- and counting. Believing that consumers should have the freedom to read any book on any device, Kobo has built an open-standards platform to provide consumers with a choice when reading. Inspired by a "Read Freely" philosophy and a passion for innovation, Kobo has expanded to nearly 200 countries, where millions of consumers have access to localized eBook catalogues and award-winning eReaders, like the Kobo Touch. With top-ranked eReading applications for Apple, BlackBerry, Android, and Windows products, Kobo allows consumers to make eReading social through Facebook Timeline and Reading Life, an industry-first social experience that lets users to earn awards for time spent reading and encouraging others to join in. Headquartered in Toronto and owned by Tokyo-based Rakuten, Kobo eReaders can be found in major retail chains across the globe.
For more information, visit www.kobo.com.
About PTPA Media Inc.
PTPA Media provides an objective framework for appraising and promoting new products designed to enrich family living. The company's mission is to marry innovative companies with discerning consumers, to improve consumer access to quality products and services for their families and homes.
SOURCE Kobo Inc.