BOSTON, June 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- PAREXEL International (NASDAQ: PRXL), a leading global biopharmaceutical services organization, today announced that several of its experts will discuss a broad range of key issues facing the industry at the 50th Annual Drug Information Association (DIA) Meeting, held from June 15 to 19, 2014 in San Diego.
"PAREXEL has a broad range of global expertise on issues encompassing the full spectrum of today's drug development journey," said Josef von Rickenbach, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, PAREXEL. "We appreciate the opportunity to have our experts share important insights to help advance industry knowledge on clinical research."
PAREXEL will hold executive briefings at booth 1823 in the exhibit hall, and conduct a number of formal presentations led by various leaders across the business. Highlights of DIA program sessions being chaired or presented by PAREXEL experts include:
Sunday, June 15
- 8:30 a.m.: (Tutorial) "Japan's Regulatory Environment: Overview of the Organization, Processes, Systems and Changes Affecting Pharmaceutical Development," Alberto Grignolo, Corporate Vice President, Global Strategy and Services
- 1:00 p.m.: (Tutorial) "Large-Scale Regulatory Functional Outsourcing: Emerging Trends, Challenges and Decision Criteria," Paul Bridges, Corporate Vice President, Worldwide Head, Consulting and Katie Connelly, Vice President, Strategic Resourcing and Operations
Monday, June 16
- 11:00 a.m.: (Track 3A – Innovative Partnering Models and Outsourcing Strategies) "R&D and Technology Outsourcing Today: An Industry Update," Keith Wenzel, Senior Director, Global Alliances
Tuesday, June 17
- 8:00 a.m.: (Track 11A – Innovative Approaches to Ensuring Quality in Clinical Trials and Compliance to Good Clinical Practice) "Regulatory and GCP Quality Trends in Emerging Markets: A CRO Perspective," Deborah Wade, Vice President, Process Quality Management
- 8:00 a.m.: (Track 7B – Process and Technologies for Clinical Research) "Clinical Outcomes Assessments/Patient Engagement Symposium," Keith Wenzel, Senior Director, Global Alliances
- 10:30 a.m.: (Track 13 – Comparative Effectiveness Research/Global Health Outcomes and Economics) "Drug Development with Reimbursement in Mind: Obtaining the Input of Payers to Inform Clinical Trial Design," Charles Stevens, Vice President, Reimbursement and Market Access
Wednesday, June 18
- 8:00 a.m.: (Track 7B – Processes and Technologies for Clinical Research) "Clinical Trials Technology Implementation: Bringing Together Patient- and Site-centric Approaches," Bill Byrom, Senior Director, Product Strategy
- 3:30 p.m.: (Track 1C – Clinical Operations) "Beyond the RFP: Driving Value Through Effective Registry Strategy, Design and Operations," Leanne Larson, Vice President, Global Head Observational Research
- 3:30 p.m.: (Track 7A – Processes and Technologies for Clinical Research) "Using Technology and Processes to Effectively Manage Regulatory Documentation Requirements for Late Phase Clinical Research," Kate Trainor, Vice President, Late Phase, Global Head, Project Management & Technology
- 3:30 p.m.: (Track 7B – Processes and Technologies for Clinical Research) "End-to-End Data and Metadata in Today's Clinical Trials," Keith Wenzel, Senior Director, Global Alliances
Click here for a complete list of PAREXEL speakers and session topics. To schedule a briefing with a PAREXEL subject matter expert at DIA, click here. For more information about PAREXEL visit www.PAREXEL.com or Booth 1823 during the meeting. Information about DIA 2014 can be found at www.diahome.org.
About PAREXEL International PAREXEL International Corporation is a leading global biopharmaceutical services organization, providing a broad range of knowledge-based contract research, consulting, medical communications, and technology solutions and services to the worldwide pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries. Committed to providing solutions that expedite time-to-market and peak-market penetration, PAREXEL has developed significant expertise across the development and commercialization continuum, from drug development and regulatory consulting to clinical pharmacology, clinical trials management, medical education and reimbursement. PAREXEL Informatics, Inc., a subsidiary of PAREXEL, provides advanced technology solutions, including medical imaging, to facilitate the clinical development process. Headquartered near Boston, Massachusetts, PAREXEL operates in 75 locations in 50 countries around the world, and has approximately 15,335 employees. For more information about PAREXEL International visit www.PAREXEL.com.
PAREXEL and "Your Journey. Our Mission." are trademarks or registered trademarks of PAREXEL International Corporation or its affiliates.
This release contains "forward-looking" statements regarding future results and events. For this purpose, any statements contained herein that are not statements of historical fact may be deemed forward-looking statements. Without limiting the foregoing, the words "believes," "anticipates," "plans," "expects," "intends," "appears," "estimates," "projects," "will," "would," "could," "should," "targets," and similar expressions are also intended to identify forward-looking statements. The forward-looking statements in this release involve a number of risks and uncertainties. The Company's actual future results may differ significantly from the results discussed in the forward-looking statements contained in this release. Important factors that might cause such a difference include, but are not limited to, risks associated with: actual operating performance; actual expense savings and other operating improvements resulting from recent and anticipated restructurings; the loss, modification, or delay of contracts which would, among other things, adversely impact the Company's recognition of revenue included in backlog; the Company's dependence on certain industries and clients; the Company's ability to win new business, manage growth and costs, and attract and retain employees; the Company's ability to complete additional acquisitions, and to integrate newly acquired businesses including the recent acquisitions of LIQUENT, Inc. and HERON Group Ltd., Inc., or enter into new lines of business; the impact on the Company's business of government regulation of the drug, medical device and biotechnology industry; consolidation within the pharmaceutical industry and competition within the biopharmaceutical services industry; the potential for significant liability to clients and third parties; the potential adverse impact of health care reform; and the effects of exchange rate fluctuations and other international economic, political, and other risks. Such factors and others are discussed more fully in the section entitled "Risk Factors" of the Company's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended March 31, 2014 as filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) on May 2, 2014, which "Risk Factors" discussion is incorporated by reference in this press release. The Company specifically disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements in the future. These forward-looking statements should not be relied upon as representing the Company's estimates or views as of any date subsequent to the date of this press release.
Contacts: Diana Martin, Vice President, Corporate Communications PAREXEL International Tel: +1 781-434-5516 Email: Diana.Martin@PAREXEL.com
Matthew Briggs PAN Communications Tel: +1 617-502-4300 Email: PAREXEL@pancomm.com
SOURCE PAREXEL International Corporation