ROCKAWAY, N.J., March 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- With St. Patrick's Day quickly approaching, Party City -- North America's largest party specialty retailer -- wants to help families and friends celebrate the famously emerald holiday. From bagpipe blaring parades to popping pub-crawls, the celebration experts at Party City are unveiling the "Top 5 Spots to Shake Your Shamrock" on St. Patrick's Day.
- Chicago: Chicago welcomes people of all descents to partake in the Celtic celebrations around town, from the legendary St. Patrick's Day Parade to the Luck of the Irish Pub Crawl. The cornerstone of all Chi-town's Irish celebrations is the iconic dyeing of the Chicago River emerald green, a can't-miss 50-year tradition. Don green accessories, like top hats and mustaches, and head to the east side of the Michigan Avenue Bridge for the best view.
- Boston: Grab family and friends, green garb and head over to Massachusetts, the most Irish state in the country. Boston was host to the first U.S. St. Patrick's Day celebration in 1737 and things haven't died down since. Decide between a Boston Celtics game, 112th Annual St. Patrick's Day Parade, or simply having a pint of Guinness at one of the city's many Irish pubs.
- Savannah, Ga.: From green grits to green fountains, Savannah's St. Patrick's Day celebrations are not to be missed. This Georgia town puts a southern spin on the Celtic holiday with a three-hour parade through the Historic District, numerous parties and cultural Irish festivals. Grab quirky green gear like boas, wigs and tiaras for a day out on the town.
- Dublin, Oh.: This smaller city, named for its founder's Irish birthplace, begins its green festivities several days before St. Patrick's Day. The mile-long parade draws more than half of the city's population with 100 floats, larger-than-life leprechauns, bands and bagpipers. Stick with simple accessories like green glasses and beads or go all out with a full leprechaun costume.
- New York: With two million attendees every year, New York has the largest St. Patrick's Day parade in terms of attendance. Join thousands of green gals and guys at the parade, or leap like a leprechaun over to the Irish Arts Center for a free day of authentic Irish music, dance and activities. Dress in your best gold and green to capture the essence of Irish charm.
It's highly encouraged to don a green getup at all St. Patrick's Day events, and with thousands of party supplies and a huge assortment of festive green gear, from costume accessories and tableware, to decorations and serveware, Party City makes celebrating St. Patrick's Day simple, easy and affordable.
Celebrating the party holiday in true style, Party City will launch their new broadcast creative campaign on St. Patrick's Day. The campaign features the hit song "Mambo No. 5" by Lou Bega and inspires viewers to plan the party of their dreams by showing a themed, brightly colored party in the first-person.
For more party examples and St. Patrick's Day decorating ideas, visit PartyCity.com or a local Party City store.
About Party City
Party City Holdings Inc. designs, manufactures, contracts for manufacture and distributes party goods, including paper and plastic tableware, metallic balloons, accessories, novelties, gifts, stationery and Halloween costumes, and is North America's No. 1 party retailer with more than 750 company-owned and franchise locations throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. Headquartered in Rockaway, N.J., Party City became part of the Amscan Holdings, Inc., family in 2005. With their worldwide facilities in Asia, Europe and Australia, as well as distribution centers in the Americas, the merger has made it possible to design, manufacture and distribute products in the United States and overseas. The vision of providing more party for less has made Party City the largest specialty party retailer and premiere Halloween destination in North America.
SOURCE Party City