Pasteurization Technology Group Targets Industrial Applications For Its Eco-Friendly Wastewater Disinfection Technology In 2013
After closing an extremely successful year, PTG sets ambitious plans for 2013. Building on 2012's positive market reception and industry accolades, PTG aims to expand its customer base in the agricultural processing, food processing, brewing, and soft drink sectors.
SAN LEANDRO, Calif., Jan. 31, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Pasteurization Technology Group (PTG), innovator of the only environmentally friendly wastewater disinfection process that generates renewable energy, is poised to attain ambitious commercial milestones. In 2012, PTG expanded its customer base with two wastewater treatment plants in California, underscoring a growing demand for its sustainable, chemical-free approach to wastewater disinfection. This year, PTG plans to build on its market momentum by adding municipal wastewater treatment customers, and by expanding into the industrial sector with a focus on agricultural processing, food processing, breweries, and soft drink plants.
"2012 was a breakout year for PTG. Our eco-friendly technology has seen both commercial success and critical acclaim, resulting in the expansion of our customer base," said Greg Ryan, CEO and co-founder of PTG. "We're entering 2013 with a growing sales pipeline from a wide variety of industries, all of which see the bottom–line value of reducing their wastewater treatment and energy costs."
After emerging from stealth mode at the beginning of 2012, PTG experienced a year of noteworthy successes. Highlights of the year included:
- Closed a venture capital investment by EIC Ventures, enabling expansion of the company to address growing customer demand.
- Secured a contract with the California town of Graton to replace its chlorine-based wastewater treatment system with PTG's patented wastewater disinfection system. The new system can process more than 500,000 gallons per day while reducing their energy costs by over 50 percent, and is planned for delivery in the first half of 2013.
- Completed a successful evaluation phase with Ventura Water in Southern California, the City of Ventura's Water Department. The city plans to transition its existing wastewater treatment plant to PTG's safe, non-toxic, sustainable technology, replacing the chlorine-based disinfection process currently in use at the Ventura Water Reclamation Facility.
- Received technical validation at the highest level by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in its influential Guidelines for Water Reuse.
- Recognized by leading water technology and sustainability organizations: Katerva Award nominee, Artemis Top 50 Water Company, and American Water Intelligence Technology Project of The Year Finalist, among others.
- Expanded capacity and headcount. PTG moved to larger headquarters space in San Leandro in the San Francisco Bay Area, and hired key staff in engineering and sales to service increased customer interest.
New market segments emerge for 2013
Customer opportunities for PTG continue to build in its core market of municipal wastewater treatment plants. For 2013 new applications for PTG's patented system are emerging in the agricultural processing as well as the food and beverage processing industries. Southern California is an especially attractive market for the company, and PTG is well positioned to address this opportunity with the appointment of Cortech Engineering as manufacturer sales representative in Southern California and Nevada. Cortech offers PTG's complete line of chemical-free and energy-efficient wastewater disinfection systems to customers across municipal and industrial market segments.
PTG's innovative wastewater treatment technology is sustainable and generates clean energy
PTG's patented technology is the first and only to combine sustainable wastewater disinfection with renewable-energy generation. PTG's integrated systems can use available waste by-products (like biogas or biomass) or natural gas to power a turbine or engine that generates electricity. The turbine's hot exhaust air (which is typically wasted) is passed through a waste heat recovery unit that increases the temperature to disinfect the wastewater. PTG's intelligent software optimizes energy efficiently throughout the integrated system. PTG's systems are significantly more cost-effective and more energy-efficient than other methods. And, unlike other wastewater disinfection approaches, PTG's technology is sustainable and does not require toxic chemicals such as chlorine, or costly electrical power and expensive UV lamps. As a result, PTG's systems fit a broad range of applications in both the municipal and industrial market sectors.
About Pasteurization Technology Group
California-based Pasteurization Technology Group (PTG) is a rapidly growing, VC-backed company that is revolutionizing the disinfection of wastewater. PTG's systems feature its patented "two-for-one" technology that combines eco-friendly wastewater disinfection with the generation of renewable energy. PTG's process is one of only a handful of technologies to pass the stringent standards of Title 22 in the state of California for the disinfection of water for reuse. PTG's technology has also been officially recognized in the EPA's influential Guidelines for Water Reuse. By channeling the typically wasted exhaust heat from a turbine or engine to disinfect wastewater, PTG's process is able to deliver the most energy-efficient and lowest-cost solution on the market. PTG has won numerous awards including the Artemis Top 50 Water Tech award and the Popular Science "Best of What's New" award. For more information, see http://www.pastechgroup.com, and follow @PastechGroup on Twitter and Facebook facebook.com/PasteurizationTechnologyGroup.
Tim Cox, Pasteurization Technology Group, 650-369-7784, email@example.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Pasteurization Technology Group
More by this Source
Pasteurization Technology Group Makes a Big Splash at WEFTEC 2013
Oct 17, 2013, 12:42 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.