PatientPoint® Programs Earned Top Honors among the Nation's Best Consumer Health Information Materials by the 19th Annual National Health Information Awards (SM)
CINCINNATI, Nov. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- PatientPoint®, the leader and innovator in point-of-care patient and physician engagement solutions, today announced that it earned 33 awards for its health programs and materials in the 19th annual National Health Information AwardsSM (NHIA) program.
PatientPoint has been recognized by the NHIA since the company first began entering the competition in 2004. For the 19th annual awards, nearly 1,000 entries were submitted and 499 awards were given. Of those 499, PatientPoint won seven percent of the total awards. All consumer-facing programs from PatientPoint Network Solutions were recognized, including both Waiting Room Programs and Exam Room Programs. *A full listing of the awards follows.
This awards program, the most comprehensive competition of its kind, is organized by the Health Information Resource CenterSM, a national clearinghouse for consumer health information programs and materials. According to Patricia Henze, executive director of the Health Information Resource Center, "These awards set an industry standard of quality for consumer health materials, and this 'seal of quality' helps health professionals find the best consumer health information resources to meet their patient education needs."
The National Health Information Awards reflect the PatientPoint commitment to providing integrated patient engagement solutions surrounding key points of care to help healthcare professionals improve health outcomes, efficiency and patient satisfaction.
"As we've transitioned into MyMercy medical home, the PatientPoint Waiting Room Programs have supported our communications with patients," said Robin Justice, CMM, area manager of physician outpatient services at Mercy Health Physicians, which uses the PatientPoint Waiting Room Programs and Exam Room Programs. "Patients always comment on the Waiting Room Program, telling us that it's full of great information. Because of the PatientPoint Waiting Room Programs, we've seen more patients bringing in their medications. They tell us, 'I saw on the screen that I am to bring in all medications I am taking.'"
"PatientPoint is honored to once again be recognized by the NHIA for the quality of our health information programs," said Sabrina Shattles, executive vice president, creative and editorial at PatientPoint. "Our editorial team works with physicians and patients to ensure that our programs are patient-friendly, actionable and relevant to where patients are in their treatment plan. Our programs are designed to support adherence and help patients work more effectively with their doctors."
"The pharmaceutical and consumer health and wellness brands that sponsor our programs see PatientPoint programs as a way to better educate and serve patients at the point of care," said Linda Ruschau, executive vice president, client solutions at PatientPoint. "These brands know that the award-winning health information in PatientPoint programs can improve health outcomes by helping patients understand their condition and work more effectively with their physicians."
PatientPoint is an innovator and leading provider of patient and physician engagement solutions at the point of care. The company serves more than 61,000 physicians across all programs, and more than 550 hospitals throughout the U.S., and impacts over 456 million patient and caregiver exposures each year. The PatientPoint award-winning health information and care coordination products drive meaningful outcomes for patients, healthcare providers and program sponsors. For more information, visit www.patientpoint.com.
1 Gold Award
- Pediatric Exam Room Program—Total Health Award, this reflects the superior patient education value of the complete series of materials
2 Silver Awards
- Puberty in Girls brochure in the Pediatric Exam Room Program
- Waiting Room Program segment, "Food Hero: Almonds"
10 Bronze Awards
- Managing Gout brochure in the Primary Care and Gastroenterology Exam Room Programs
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome brochure in the Primary Care and Gastroenterology Exam Room Programs
- Crohn's Disease brochure in the Gastroenterology Exam Room Program
- Managing Your Weight brochure in the Primary Care Exam Room Program
- Nutrition and Exercise brochure in the Pediatric Exam Room Program
- Bedwetting brochure in the Pediatric Exam Room Program
- Urology Exam Room Program—Total Program Award
- Arthritis Waiting Room Program—Total Program Award
- Waiting Room Program segment, "Your Healthy Weight"
- Waiting Room Program segment, "American Heart Month"
20 Merit Awards
- Childhood Vaccines brochure in the Pediatric Exam Room Program
- Puberty in Boys brochure in the Pediatric Exam Room Program
- Severe Allergic Reactions brochure in the Pediatric Exam Room Program
- Hepatitis C brochure in the Gastroenterology Exam Room Program
- Type 2 Diabetes brochure in the Primary Care Exam Room Program
- High Blood Pressure brochure in the Primary Care Exam Room Program
- Cholesterol brochure in the Primary Care Exam Room Program
- Heartburn and Acid Reflux brochure in the Primary Care and Gastroenterology Exam Room Programs
- Treating Prostate Cancer brochure in the Urology Exam Room Program
- Treating Low Testosterone brochure in the Urology Exam Room Program
- Waiting Room Program segment, "How an IUD Works"
- Waiting Room Program segment, "Prevent Heartburn"
- Waiting Room Program segment, "Coping with Postpartum Depression"
- Waiting Room Program segment, "Why Water is Essential"
- Waiting Room Program segment, "Spin to Win: Moisturizing Your Skin"
- Waiting Room Program segment, "A Matter of Life and Tests: Colonoscopy"
- Waiting Room Program segment, "A Matter of Life and Tests: Osteoporosis"
- Waiting Room Program segment, "Cold and Flu Tips"
- Waiting Room Program segment, "Find Inflammatory Breast Cancer Early"
- Waiting Room Program segment, "Rotate Insulin Injection Sites"
Davida Dinerman/Pauline Louie
More by this Source
PatientPoint® Appoints Dr. Geeta Nayyar as Chief Medical Information Officer
Sep 09, 2013, 08:00 ET
PatientPoint® Welcomes Two Senior Leaders to Support Growth of Coordinated Care
Jun 26, 2013, 09:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.