PEEPSFEST™ Will Again Offer Magical Memories Including PEEPS® Chick Drop!
Festival's fourth year packed with family fun on Dec. 30-31 in Bethlehem
BETHLEHEM, Pa., Dec. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- PEEPSFEST™, the delightful family festival that takes place during the holidays, returns for its fourth fun-filled year Dec. 30-31 at the ArtsQuest Center at SteelStacks in Bethlehem. The event, which is free to attend, features two days packed with live music, arts and PEEPS®-related programming culminating Dec. 31, 5:15 p.m. with the dropping of a 4.5-foot tall, 85-pound, lit PEEPS® Chick and fireworks to welcome in the New Year.
Matt Pye, Vice President of Corporate Affairs at Just Born, commented, "PEEPSFEST™ 2012 will be a magical extravaganza that will continue to make this relatively new event an annual holiday destination for the whole family. PEEPSFEST™ celebrates the fun and passion consumers have for the beloved PEEPS® Brand which is produced right here in Bethlehem. There will be two fun-filled days ending with a kid-friendly concert, the PEEPS® Chick drop and a free fireworks display celebrating the New Year!"
One of the most popular attractions at PEEPSFEST™ is the PEEPS® Diorama Competition, showcasing dozens of PEEPS® dioramas created by area schoolchildren. This year's contest includes a sweet, new twist - public voting for the first time ever. From Dec. 27 through Dec. 29, the public can visit the ArtsQuest Center to vote for their favorite dioramas. The entry with the most votes will be crowned the PEEP-les Choice Winner and be invited on stage to drop the PEEPS Chick® on New Year's Eve. All PEEPS® Diorama Competition winners will be announced Dec. 30, 10:45 a.m., with the winners on display Dec. 30-31.
Other PEEPSFEST™ Highlights Include:
- New Year's Eve Party with live music by kid-friendly rock band Starfish at the Levitt Pavilion SteelStacks Dec. 31, 4 p.m. - NEW for 2012! (FREE)
- Large, kid-friendly cardboard gingerbread houses for decorating - NEW! (FREE)
- Live, interactive children's theater with Middle Earth Studios – NEW! (FREE)
- Family musicians and children's performers all day (FREE)
- PEEPS®-themed arts and crafts, video game competitions and a scavenger hunt (FREE)
- Picture taking with the PEEPS® Chick (FREE)
- PEEPMOBILE™ filled with candy for a guess how many contest (FREE)
- Family Disco Lounge – featuring music and dancing with Erin Lee & the Up Past Bedtime
- Band (Dec. 30) and Lisa & Wendy (Dec. 31), as well as a family-friendly DJ, bounce house and more. ($5 for ages 17 and under; $2.50 for adults)
- PEEPSFEST™ 5K run ($20 in advance; $25 day of race)
- PEEPSFEST™ Kids Fun Run ($5 in advance; $10 day of race) and Mascot Dash, featuring popular area mascots, Dec. 31, noon
- PEEPS® s'mores for sale to roast on outdoor firepits
- Popular PEEPS & Company® store items for sale
PEEPSFEST™, which is presented by Just Born Inc. and ArtsQuest, takes place at the ArtsQuest Center at SteelStacks, 101 Founders Way, Bethlehem. Festival hours are Dec. 30, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., and Dec. 31, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Admission is free, although a few select activities such as the family disco lounge and kids fun run, require an admission ticket.
For more information and tickets to the family disco lounge and fun run, please visit www.artsquest.org/peepsfest or call 610-332-3378.
SOURCE Just Born, Inc.
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.