Pentaho Partners with Cisco to Deliver Big Data Analytics
Pentaho Accelerates Big Data Analytic Deployments Running on Cisco's Simple, Fast and Scalable Networking Infrastructure
ORLANDO, Fla., Sept. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Delivering the future of business analytics, Pentaho Corporation announced today that it has partnered with Cisco to deliver a high-performance big data solution built on the Cisco Unified Computing System™ (Cisco UCS™) hardware platform. Combining data integration with business analytics, Pentaho's big data analytics software is offered with the Cisco UCS industry-standard, x86-architecture servers with networking and storage access available in a single converged system.
Learn more about accelerating big data deployments with Pentaho and Cisco UCS™
Pentaho combines data integration functionality with rich reporting, dashboards, data discovery and predictive analytics capabilities to offer a complete end-to-end solution for a range of big data use cases, such as trade analytics, customer behavior analytics, lead conversion analytics and fraud detection. Pentaho's capabilities such as Dynamic Schemas and In-Hadoop Data Integration provide for rapid development and deployment of big data applications, eliminating the steep technical learning curve and pain points often associated with Hadoop.
Cisco UCS is designed to simplify and accelerate deployment of enterprise-class applications and services running either on premise, virtualized or in cloud-computing environments. When paired with Pentaho Big Data Analytics, it allows businesses to significantly reduce time-to-value and operating expenses associated with big data projects.
The comprehensive solution from Pentaho and Cisco is built using the following components:
- Cisco UCS 6200 Series Fabric Interconnects
- Cisco UCS 2200 Series Fabric Extenders
- Cisco UCS C240 M3 Rack-Mount Servers based on Intel® Xeon® E-2600 series processors
- Cisco UCS P81E Virtual Interface Card
- Cisco UCS Manager
Available with the Cisco UCS hardware platform, Pentaho Big Data Analytics provides customers with:
- Complete business analytics for big data – Pentaho's end-to-end platform combines data integration and business analytics with capabilities from standard reporting and dashboards to data discovery and predictive analytics.
- Rapid time to value – Pentaho's visual interface enables users without Hadoop expertise to easily load and process data from Hadoop quickly and analyze their data in a visual environment.
- Unified information systems – Pentaho eliminates big data "silos" with its ability to easily design sophisticated workflows that orchestrate events that span big data and traditional data platforms.
- Reduced costs – Pentaho empowers organizations to leverage existing skill sets to quickly implement big data solutions that streamlines analytics and data needs into one easy-to-use platform.
- Broad big data options – Pentaho's support for all major big data platforms -- including Hadoop, NoSQL and the analytical databases -- provides maximum flexibility for businesses.
- World-class support – Should a critical system fail, businesses receive world-class service and support from both Cisco and Pentaho. Pentaho's comprehensive service and support spans design, installation, configuration and deployment and testing of strategic big data solutions.
"This joint effort makes Pentaho available to the expanding group of Cisco's customers that is constantly looking for new ways to help streamline and simplify data center operations," said Eddie White, Executive Vice President of Business Development at Pentaho. "Pentaho gives these enterprises confidence that their developers and analysts can use one integrated solution for business analytics and data integration to get up to speed fast with big data initiatives."
- Learn more about Pentaho Business Analytics for big data and Cisco Unified Computing System.
- Download the white paper "Pentaho High-Performance Big Data Reference Configuration Using Cisco Unified Computing System."
- Visit the new Big Data Analytics Center for your one stop shop for all things Pentaho and big data.
About Pentaho Corporation
Pentaho is delivering the future of big data business analytics. Pentaho's open source heritage drives our continued innovation in a modern, integrated, embeddable platform built for the future of analytics, including diverse and big data requirements. Pentaho is the only vendor that provides a full big data analytics solution that supports the entire big data analytics process, from data integration through interactive data visualization, exploration and predictive analytics. Pentaho natively supports Apache Hadoop, Cloudera, MongoDB as well as high performance analytic databases like Greenplum and Vertica, among other big data sources. Learn more and download for free at pentahobigdata.com/download
SOURCE Pentaho Corporation
More by this Source
Pentaho Named a Red Herring Global 100 Winner
Nov 27, 2013, 09:00 ET
Pentaho Community Edition 5.0 Now Available
Nov 20, 2013, 09:00 ET
Pentaho and EMA Reveal Big Data Priorities for 2014
Oct 24, 2013, 09:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.