KNOXVILLE, Tenn., Dec. 19, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- PerfectServe® employees at the company's Knoxville, Atlanta and Chicago offices continued their long-standing tradition of demonstrating their holiday giving spirit supporting several donation programs held over the last month.
"We have very generous employees who care deeply for the communities where they reside and serve," said Terry Edwards, CEO and President of PerfectServe. "Giving back is an annual traditional and a core part of our corporate culture. Our hope is to make the holidays a little brighter for deserving individuals and families in need during the holiday season."
Employees donated basic personal necessities to Florence Crittenton Agency's Wheels of Hope 2016 suitcase campaign in Knoxville, a program for adolescents ages 13 to 18 designed to set them up for success. Donated items included duffel bags and suitcases filled with clothing, shoes, and health and beauty items.
The Florence Crittenton Agency continues its nonprofit mission "to strengthen communities through effective prevention and treatment services for children and families" since 1964. More than 95 percent of their teenage clients arrive from state custody or from the juvenile court system with their belongings in a plastic bag. These are teens dealing with various issues including abuse, parental neglect, chemical dependency and mental health diagnoses. Many are runaways from home or foster care. Upon discharge, the teens leave drug-free with a suitcase of their new belongings, heading to a permanent home placement with appropriately skilled parents. The agency serves approximately 300 adolescents annually with an approximate 85 percent success rate.
PerfectServe employees also donated generously to these causes:
- GoFundMe fundraiser: A PerfectServe employee was a victim of an apartment fire and lost everything including three pets. The company launched a GoFundMe page at https://funds.gofundme.com/dashboard/andrewlawlerfund raising more than $5,000 to help the employee rebuild his life.
- Gatlinburg fire victims: PerfectServe's two Knoxville offices took up a collection of donated food and supplies for the people affected by the forest fires in Gatlinburg, Tennessee.
- The Greater Chicago Food Depository: Employees at PerfectServe's Chicago office collected canned goods and other food items for Chicago's food bank. The Greater Chicago Food Depository provides food for hungry people while striving to end hunger in the community. Since 1979, the Food Depository has made a daily impact on hunger across Cook County.
Journalists: Click to download the following photo links:
- ="https://www.flickr.com/photos/144364556@N08/31256541430/in/dateposted-public/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">photo of PerfectServe employees' donations to the Florence Crittenton Agency's Wheels of Hope 2016 Suitcase Campaign
- ="https://www.flickr.com/photos/144364556@N08/31549414551/in/dateposted-public/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">photo of two PerfectServe employees and Nancy Christian, President and CEO of The Florence Crittenton Agency, holding duffel bags filled with gifts to help teenagers in need
- ="https://www.flickr.com/photos/144364556@N08/31591738526/in/dateposted-public/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">photo of PerfectServe employees' donations to the Gatlinburg fire victims
- photo of donated food items collected by PerfectServe's Chicago employees for The Greater Chicago Food Depository
PerfectServe Synchrony™ is healthcare's most comprehensive and secure care team collaboration platform. The platform is unique in its ability to improve communication process accuracy and reliability via its proprietary Dynamic Intelligent Routing™ capability, which automatically identifies and provides immediate connection to the right care team member for any given clinical situation at every moment in time. More than 100,000 clinicians in forward-looking organizations across the U.S. rely on PerfectServe to help them speed time to treatment, expedite care transitions, enhance the patient experience and reduce HIPAA compliance risk. Headquartered in Knoxville, Tennessee, with offices in Alpharetta, Georgia, and Chicago, PerfectServe has helped clinicians provide better care since 2000. Follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook and subscribe to our blog.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/perfectserve-employees-donate-to-local-programs-during-holiday-season-300380435.html