Performance Luxury Automakers Rapidly Adopt HD Radio(TM) Technology as Standard
Audi, BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes, Rolls-Royce & Volvo Lead the Movement of Prestigious Brands Upgrading In-Dash Experience
Now Standard on Six Brands & More Than 25 Vehicle Lines
LOS ANGELES, Dec. 2 /PRNewswire/ -- Los Angeles Auto Show -- iBiquity Digital Corporation, the developer of digital HD Radio(TM) Technology for AM and FM audio and data broadcasting, today confirmed the rapid adoption of HD Radio Technology as factory-installed standard equipment by the performance luxury class. Leading the way to standardization of the technology are Audi, BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes, Rolls-Royce and Volvo, representing more than 25 vehicle lines.
"HD Radio Technology benefits are what the performance luxury class is all about - an in-car experience that surpasses all expectations," said Bob Struble, President and CEO of iBiquity Digital Corporation. "Audi, BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes, Rolls-Royce and Volvo are innovation leaders, and we are delighted that HD Radio Technology is integral to the advanced in-dash entertainment systems that drivers demand today. HD Radio Technology is facilitating digital infotainment in cars, delivering unique music, news, sports and talk via HD2/HD3 programming, heightened sound quality and advanced data services."
HD Radio entertainment is redefining the vehicle interior. Dashboard evolution is in high gear and the following luxury performance class brands are meeting consumers' personal electronics needs:
- BMW announced today that HD Radio Technology is now a standard feature in the 2010 5 Series Gran Turismo sedan. This model joins a growing list of vehicle lines from BMW offering HD Radio Technology as standard, including the X5-, X6-, 1-, 3-, 6-, and 7-Series and Z4 Roadster.
- The full Volvo 2010 lineup features HD Radio Technology as a standard feature, including the S40, V50, C30, C70, S80, V70, XC60, XC70, and XC90 models.
- Additionally, Mercedes-Benz is providing customers with the HD Radio Technology experience as standard in five models. The list includes the CL, CLS, G, S, and SLK.
- Audi also plans HD Radio Technology as standard, with consideration for several 2011 model year vehicles, which will begin to arrive in dealerships in 2010.
- Jaguar's future flagship luxury sport sedan - the 2010 Jaguar XJ - will offer standard HD Radio Technology. In addition to the XJ, the Jaguar XKR sports car and XFR sports sedan - the supercharged ultra-performance variants of the XK and XF lines - will also provide the digital technology as standard.
- And most recently, Rolls-Royce announced that the 2010 Rolls-Royce model lineup will feature HD Radio Technology as standard.
iBiquity Digital Corporation is the developer of HD Radio(TM) Technology, which is fueling the digital radio revolution in the United States and around the world. The digital technology enables broadcasters to offer new and unique FM content via HD2/HD3 channels, crystal-clear sound and data services on both the AM and FM bands - all free, with no subscription fee. Leading broadcasters, consumer electronics manufacturers, automakers and retailers are committed to HD Radio technology. iBiquity Digital is a privately held company with operations in Columbia, MD, Auburn Hills, MI, and Basking Ridge, NJ. For more information, please visit http://www.hdradio.com and http://www.ibiquity.com.
To arrange interviews or for additional information, please contact: Nancy Zakhary / Scott Cianciulli Brainerd Communicators 212-986-6667 email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Note to editors: HD Radio(TM) and the "HD Radio" logo are proprietary trademarks of iBiquity Digital Corp. The "HD" in HD Radio(TM) is part of iBiquity Digital's brand name for its advanced digital AM/FM system. It does not mean hybrid digital or high-definition digital; both of these are incorrect.
SOURCE iBiquity Digital Corporation
More by this Source
HD Radio™ Technology Available From All Major Automakers
Jan 08, 2014, 05:00 ET
HD Radio™ Technology 70% Growth Rate in 2013 Forecast to Continue
Jan 07, 2014, 05:00 ET
HD Radio™ Momentum Accelerates
Jan 06, 2014, 05:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.