BROOKLYN, N.Y., Dec. 20, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The holiday season is rapidly approaching and with it comes hosting house guests, visitors and family. You want to enjoy this time and not worry about home repair issues. With a few simple tips, Petri Plumbing & Heating, Inc. can help you get ready for holiday visitors.
"Whether it's your family staying for two weeks or a big holiday party," says Michael Petri, owner of Petri Plumbing & Heating, a leading home services company in the Brooklyn and Manhattan area. "Preparing your home for the holiday season is a critical step to enjoying all that the festive month has to offer."
Here are a few steps that can help you get your home in tip-top shape for hosting and enjoying holiday celebrations:
- Inspect the toilet - Toilets take a particular beating this time of year, and now's the time to take care of any malfunctions from flushing issues to a loose seat.
- Make your home slip- and fall-proof - Fix loose treads on exterior steps, loose deck boards or loose pavers on front walkways. Take care of all other tripping/falling hazards, like using double-sided tape to tack down slippery rugs.
- Child-proof your home - Make all child-safety preparations in advance, such as covering electrical outlets, moving lamps and vases away from table edges and making provisions to block stairways to prevent hazardous falls.
- Check your drains - If they aren't flowing freely, find out why and get them cleaned.
- Prepare your garbage disposal – The garbage disposal is heavily used during the holiday season. Chop up a whole lemon in the disposal to remove odors. You can also place ice cubes in the disposal to sharpen the blades. Be careful not to place potato peels or grease down the disposal.
- Don't clean the oven - The self-clean cycle is so hard on your oven that it could cause the appliance to fail, right before you need it most. Give a quick cleaning around the top burner elements, and give it a deep clean it after the holidays.
- Inspect the refrigerator - It's likely to be opened and closed more times during the holidays than it is on another other time of the year. Check for loose screws on the door handles, clear blocked vents, and replace burned-out lights.
- Consider a tankless water heater - You'll be using lots of hot water over the next couple of months, and now could be the perfect time to make a change. Tankless water heaters only heat the water as you need it, rather than wasting energy keeping water heated in a tank until you're ready to use it. And you have an endless supply.
"You want to be able to enjoy the holiday season, not be worried about the state of your home," Petri says. "Taking these simple steps can give you peace of mind. And if you do find yourself in need of quick service for any reason, just give us a call at 718-748-1254."
About Petri Plumbing and Heating, Inc.
Petri Plumbing and Heating, Inc. is a family owned and operated business serving Brooklyn and the New York City area. Founded in 1906, the company offers a 100 percent guarantee on all services, upfront pricing, and friendly and knowledgeable Service Experts for all kinds of home and business plumbing and heating needs. Services offered include water and gas pipe leak repair and installation, fixture installations, inspections, boiler repair, water heater installation, complete bathroom, kitchen, laundry & utility room remodeling and more. Petri is also licensed and certified by Green Plumbers USA, the first in New York City to receive this designation. For more information, please visit www.petriplumbing.com or call 718-748-1254.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/petri-plumbing--heating-offers-tips-to-prepare-your-home-for-the-holidays-300381649.html
SOURCE Petri Plumbing and Heating, Inc.