NEW YORK, Feb. 25, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The global pharmaceutical packaging equipment market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.9% during the forecast period from 2015 to 2020. The market is poised to reach USD 7.24 billion by 2020 from USD 5.18 billion in 2015. The market is primarily driven by the growth of the generics market, rising need for novel and flexible packaging equipment, growing offshore manufacturing and contract manufacturing of pharmaceutical packaging equipment, and regulatory compliance mandating the replacement of old equipment.
In this report, the pharmaceutical packaging equipment market is segmented on the basis of package type, product type, and region. On the basis of package, the market is segmented into primary packaging, secondary packaging, and labeling and serialization equipment. The primary packaging equipment market is further segmented into aseptic filling and sealing equipment, bottle filling and capping equipment, blister packaging equipment, soft tube filling and sealing machines, sachet packaging equipment, strip packaging equipment, counting equipment, and others. The secondary packaging equipment market is further subsegmented into cartoning equipment, tray-packaging equipment, wrapping equipment, case packaging equipment, and palletizing and de-palletizing equipment. The market, based on product type, is primarily segmented into solid packaging equipment, semi-solid packaging equipment, liquid packaging equipment, and other product packaging equipment.
In 2014, aseptic filling and sealing equipment accounted for the largest share of the primary packaging equipment market. The large share of this segment is majorly attributed to the increasing use of parenteral vials and pre-fillable syringes. The growing demand for biopharmaceutical products has further increased the demand for containers with higher hydrolytic resistance and pH stability, which is also driving the growth of this market segment.
In 2014, North America accounted for the largest share of the global pharmaceutical packaging equipment market, followed by Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World. Asia-Pacific is expected to be the fastest-growing region during the forecast period, owing to rising contract manufacturing and offshoring of pharmaceutical manufacturing to Asia-Pacific markets such as India and China.
Some key players in this market include IMA Industria Macchine Automatiche S.p.A. (Italy), Bausch + Ströbel Maschinenfabrik Ilshofen GmbH+ Co. KG (Germany), Robert Bosch GmbH (Germany), Körber AG (Germany), Marchesini Group S.p.A. (Italy), Multivac Group (Germany), OPTIMA Packaging Group GmbH (Germany), Romaco Pharmatechnik GmbH (Germany), and Uhlmann Group (Germany).
Reasons to buy the Report:
The report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms, and allow them to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn will help firms garner greater market shares. Firms purchasing the report could use one or a combination of the below-mentioned strategies (market penetration, product development/innovation, market development, market diversification, and competitive assessment) for increasing their market shares.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the product portfolios offered by top players in the pharmaceutical packaging equipment market. The report analyzes the pharmaceutical packaging equipment market by product type, package type, and region
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming trends, research and development activities, and new product launches in the pharmaceutical packaging equipment market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets, by product and region
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, growing geographies, recent developments, and investments in the pharmaceutical packaging equipment market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, growth strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the pharmaceutical packaging equipment market
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03627699-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001