NEW YORK, Aug. 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Pharmspective, LLC, a market research firm providing syndicated research and knowledge management applications to the pharmaceutical industry, today announced the release of its research report: State Exchanges: Opportunities and Threats for Key Health Insurers/Implications for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers: http://www.pharmspective.com/healthcare-reform-state-exchanges/.
This assessment is a first-of-its kind look into the likely market dynamics resulting from payers' responses to the introduction of State Exchanges and the impact that these responses will have on market access and coverage of pharmaceuticals.
As the pending deadline approaches for states to have functional Insurance Exchanges, key insurers are finalizing their strategic approaches to State Exchange markets. This week's acquisition of Coventry by Aetna highlights the ongoing positioning and preparation by payers to compete in a post-Affordable Care Act era. Changes to the market access landscape facing pharmaceutical manufacturers in the U.S. are the foundation for this new Pharmspective research report, which provides a detailed look at the potential impact of State Exchanges on insurers' commercial risk business and the resulting impact on pharmaceutical access and coverage.
Pharmspective's assessment of one of Healthcare Reform's highest impact changes to the U.S. healthcare system discusses:
- The battleground states where State Exchanges are likely to have the greatest impact and insurer competitive positions and likely intentions in those states
- Opportunities and threats to market access and coverage of pharmaceuticals, based on assessment of benchmark plans
- The role of MLRs in potential Payer Exchange contracting aggressiveness
- Insurer market entry strategies in 'Clearinghouse' states and states where federal government operation of a State Exchange is likely
- Assessment on non-profit to for-profit conversions among insurers and their impact on the market positions of insurers in key states
- Customer prioritization of MCO targets for Pharma Managed Markets Teams
- State Exchange Implications for Contracting and Product Pricing
"The insights generated by this research will help Pharma Managed Markets Leaders create a blueprint for future State Exchange Strategy Development," stated Stephen Reid, Managing Partner & Co-Founder of Pharmspective. "Our experience in helping pharma manufacturers move forward with healthcare reform over the past year has allowed us to formulate and address the questions that are critical to understanding in this evolving Market Access landscape."
Pre-orders of the report, scheduled for release on Friday, August 24, can be accessed at the Pharmspective website at http://pharmspective.com.
About Pharmspective: Pharmspective, LLC, www.pharmspective.com, is a specialty therapeutics market research firm providing commercial insights and knowledge management applications for the biopharmaceutical industry. The company is uniquely focused on understanding the buying process for specialty therapeutics through syndicated market research studies examining clinical decision-making, drug acquisition, access and reimbursement, and patient administration for specialty therapeutics in autoimmune diseases (Rheumatoid Arthritis, Psoriasis, Multiple Sclerosis, Crohn's/UC, and Lupus) and Oncology. Pharmspective's proprietary knowledge management applications create a superior user experience and include the ClearView™ Healthcare Reform app. Follow Pharmspective on twitter.com/Pharmspective. The company maintains offices in New York City and St. Louis, MO.
Contact: Jennifer Strathmann Tel: 314-814-2729 x1002 firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Pharmspective, LLC