PHI Protection Workshop To Be Held March 12-13: Turning PHI Security Into a Competitive Advantage
20+ Industry Experts to Provide Hands-On Information About How Organizations Can Make a Business Case for Protecting Protected Health Information (PHI)
PORTLAND, Ore., Jan. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Securing protected health information (PHI) in healthcare is a growing problem, with 94 percent of healthcare organizations suffering data breaches, according to the recent Third Annual Benchmark Study on Patient Privacy & Data Securityby Ponemon Institute. Healthcare organizations need to protect against the organizational and financial repercussions of data breaches, but may not know how. The workshop Turning PHI Security Into a Competitive Advantage, http://phiprotection.org/, will be held March 12-13, 2013. Participants will learn how to build, present and defend a business case for PHI security initiatives tailored exclusively for their organization.
"Healthcare organizations currently lack commitment and resources to protect patients' PHI," said Dr. Larry Ponemon, chairman and founder, Ponemon Institute. "Making a business case to prioritize PHI protection, will translate into more investments in information security, benefitting patients and the entire ecosystem."
What: Two-day workshop Turning PHI Security Into a Competitive Advantage. The workshop will provide hands-on information for attendees to understand PHI's true value to their organization, appropriate levels of PHI protection investments and the ROI of those investments. Additionally, attendees will learn about the latest PHI protection technology, real-world scenarios and the three major domains of PHI security breaches.
When: March 12-13, 2013
Where: Royal Sonesta Hotel, 40 Edwin Land Blvd., Cambridge, MA 02142
Website and registration: http://phiprotection.org/
Who: The workshop is open to anyone responsible for managing protected health information, overseeing patient records, privacy, or data security at hospitals and healthcare organizations, including CISOs, CIOs, IT security, privacy and compliance personnel.
Featured Speakers Include:
- Dr. Roy A. Swift, senior director, personnel credentialing accreditation program, ANSI
- Michael Sullivan, partner, The Ashcroft Group
- Ellen Giblin, privacy counsel, The Ashcroft Group
- Gary Gordon, managing partner, Bluewater International
- Debbie Wolf, executive advisor, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Bob Chaput, CEO and founder, Clearwater Compliance, LLC
- Mary Chaput, chief financial and compliance officer, Clearwater Compliance, LLC
- Adam Greene, partner, Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Lynda Martel, executive director, DriveSavers Data Recovery, Inc.
- James Anderson, executive security consultant, Emagined Security
- Dr. Gary Christoph, former Department of Health and Human Services client executive
- Meredith Phillips, chief privacy officer, Henry Ford Health System
- Christopher Cwalina, partner, Holland & Knight
- Rick Kam, president and co-founder, ID Experts
- Larry Clinton, president and CEO, Internet Security Alliance
- Joshua Magri, associate vice president, Internet Security Alliance
- Dr. Deborah Peel, founder and chair, Patient Privacy Rights
- Robert Gardner, regulatory compliance manager, Pfizer
- Jim Pyles, principal, Powers, Pyles, Sutter & Verville PC
- Catherine Allen, chairman and CEO, The Santa Fe Group
- Marsha Young, vice president, cyber security, SAIC
About PHI Protection Network (PPN)
PPN is an interactive network of PHI protectors and solutions providers. This cross-industry group was formed to help expedite the adoption of PHI best practice. Many members contributed to the report The Financial Impact of Breached Protected Health Information: A Business Case for Enhanced PHI Security—calling for enhanced security to safeguard protected health information--issued in March 2012 with the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), via its Identity Theft Prevention and Identity Management Standards Panel (IDSP), in partnership with The Shared Assessments Program, and the Internet Security Alliance (ISA).
SOURCE PHI Protection Network
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.