Plex Systems Community Shares Best Practices, Learns about Plex Online and Maps Outlook for Manufacturing Industry
The three-day event presented opportunities for members of the Plex Systems community to learn about the product, share industry-leading best practices and hear a keynote address from Plex Systems CEO
The conference theme, "Manufacturing a Profit," acknowledged the critical challenges manufacturers face to cut costs and improve margins in today's volatile business climate while also stressing that manufacturing remains a vital component to the U.S. economy.
Attendees at the eighth annual user conference learned about the more than 360 Plex Online modules, which drive increased efficiency in the manufacturing enterprise. Plex Systems staff, partners and customers presented case studies demonstrating best practices in the areas of reducing waste, increasing efficiency and driving increased revenue throughout all facets of the manufacturing process - "from the shop floor to the top floor."
The community of Plex Online users represented at PowerPlex included manufacturers from automotive, food and beverage processing, aerospace and defense, and medical device industries.
Mark Symonds' keynote address included the following information about Plex Systems:
- New scalability model at Plex Systems' data centers enables enhanced access speed to Plex Online and ensures scalability to accommodate rapid growth.
- Data streaming between the full redundant data centers supports Plex Systems' SaaS industry-leading disaster recovery operations, data recovery point objective (RPO) and recovery time objective (RTO) goals of two hours.
Aberdeenreports that Plex Systems scored an above average 4.4 points on a SaaS vendor customer satisfaction survey- more than a full point above the average for ERP software companies.
- Plex Systems enjoyed a 33% growth of revenues in 2008 and the first quarter of 2009 was 25% ahead of 2008.
- The company's rapidly expanding customer base continues to diversify into key precision manufacturing verticals including food and beverage processing, alternative energy and medical device manufacturing.
- The company's Customer Advisory Board (CAB), inaugurated in late 2008, is growing into an important channel for communication between Plex Systems and its user community.
Plex Systems partners and customers presenting at PowerPlex 2009 included Phoenix Logistics, Magna Powertrain, Grand Rapids Spring & Stamping, Shape Corporation, Kamco Industries, Ralco Industries and Kors Engineering.
The three-day event included an evening reception at Cleveland's famous Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum as well as a fundraising raffle benefiting Plex Systems' charity partner, Gleaner's Food Bank.
Plex Systems CEO
About Plex Systems, Inc.
Plex Systems, Inc. is the developer of Plex Online, a software as a service (SaaS) solution for the manufacturing enterprise. Plex Online offers industry-leading features for virtually every department within a manufacturer, including Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) and Quality Management Systems (QMS) for the shop floor, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) for sales and marketing, Supply Chain Management (SCM) for procurement, and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) for finance and management. Plex Online's fully-integrated model delivers a "shop floor to top floor" view of a manufacturer's operations, enabling management to run their business at maximum efficiency. Founded in 1995, Plex Systems is headquartered in
Plex Systems and Plex Online are trademarks of Plex Systems, Inc.
SOURCE Plex Systems, Inc.