PLI Publishes Telecommunications Law Answer Book 2014
NEW YORK, Oct. 2, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Practising Law Institute (PLI) has announced the release of their newest title, Telecommunications Law Answer Book 2014. Authored by experienced attorneys at Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP, Telecommunications Law Answer Book 2014 explains all the regulations & guidelines on data privacy & security. This new Q&A resource will help make sense of recent Congressional & FCC initiatives, both domestic & international.
With the vast increase in the number and kinds of communication devices in the past few decades, the importance and complexity of federal regulation of everything from spectrum licensing to antitrust and content regulation has grown. Telecommunications Law Answer Book 2014 is a comprehensive overview of the issues faced by the many different participants in the telecommunications industry.
In an easy-to-read Q&A format, Telecommunications Law Answer Book 2014 describes:
- The duties and obligations that apply to common carriers that provide telecommunications services
- The impact of and policy goals behind the Communications Act of 1934 and Telecommunications Act of 1996, as well as other federal statutes and regulations
- The FCC regulation of the radio and television spectrum, as well as ownership of broadcast stations and cable systems
- Why social media regulation is different from other media, and why the legal and practical analysis often differs from traditional advertising and broadcast outlets
- "Accessibility by design," or the idea that from the moment of concept to realization, a communications product should be designed with accessibility in mind for those with cognitive or physical disabilities
- The enforcement process for companies or individuals that are alleged to have violated the rules of the Federal Communications Commission
- The rules regulating customer relationships, and how political advertising should be handled
Telecommunications Law Answer Book 2014's complete & thorough coverage will keep the reader up-to-date on the dynamic topics of data privacy & security & the rules affecting them.
The single-volume Telecommunications Law Answer Book 2014 is $255 and is available for a 30-day free examination.
SOURCE Practising Law Institute