Power Home Remodeling Group Names June 'Power Month' For Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation
Company embarks on month-long initiative to raise funds to fight pediatric cancer
CHESTER, Pa., May 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Power Home Remodeling Group, the nation's fourth largest home remodeling company, is launching a company-wide initiative, "Power Month for Alex's," throughout the month of June to support Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation (ALSF), one of the leading foundations for pediatric cancer research. To help raise funds and complement ALSF's National Lemonade Days initiative in June, Power will host a series of events and fundraisers throughout the month within each of the eight markets it offers home improvement services. Since being named a national corporate sponsor for ALSF in April 2011, Power has donated one dollar per window, per square of siding and per square of roofing installed throughout the year, raising more than $160,000 for the foundation to date — and is on track to meet its goal of $300,000 by the end of the year.
"We have been immensely proud to introduce our employees and customers in all of our locations to the ALSF mission over this past year," says Jeff Kaliner, Power's Founding Partner. "Helping support ALSF's National Lemonade Days by devoting an entire month to the cause is a great opportunity for us to further engage with our employees and customers and help raise awareness of pediatric cancer by bringing Alex's incredible and courageous story into new communities across the country."
Power Month for Alex's will kick off on Tuesday, May 29 with a company-wide event at Power's headquarters in Chester, PA that will be broadcast live via teleconference to each of Power's eight locations across the country. Jeff Kaliner will welcome Liz Scott, Alex's mom and Co-Executive Director for ALSF, and an ALSF Hero Ambassador Family to address the company's 1,200 employees and empower them to spread the Foundation's message through their various fundraising and awareness activities throughout the month and year.
In addition, the Power Month for Alex's initiative will include a variety of employee and customer components such as:
- Lemonade Days – June 4 – 8, employees will host lemonade stands and lemon bake sales at all Power locations, and during every weekend in June, employees will be encouraged to do the same at their homes and in their neighborhoods, while also asking friends and family to participate or host stands. In addition, Power's presence at big-box retailers and home shows throughout June will include signage and information about Power Month, as well as an opportunity for shoppers to donate.
- CBS 3 Phone Bank – On June 7, 20 Power employees and executives will volunteer to man the phones at the sixth annual "Alex Scott: Stand for Hope Phone Bank," a day-long telethon broadcast live from the CBS 3 studio in Philadelphia.
- Power Night at PPL Park – On June 16, Power will host an ALSF Hero Ambassador Family at the Power Suite at PPL Park for a fun-filled night of soccer to watch the Philadelphia Union take on D.C. United. Prior to the game, Power employees will host a lemonade stand on the stadium concourse.
- Canning for ALSF – On June 22, employees will "can" to raise funds in popular intersections between 2:00 – 6:00 pm, taking advantage of rush hour traffic in all Power markets to increase awareness and donations.
- Yellow Thursdays – Every Thursday in June, employees in the office and out in the field will incorporate the color yellow into their office attire to generate discussion and awareness of Power Month for Alex's and the mission of ALSF. Employees in the field will also wear "Ask us about Alex!" buttons and share literature about ALSF at Power's tradeshow and retail booths throughout the month.
- CHOP Donation – In June, Power employees will volunteer time and donate arts and crafts supplies and materials for patients at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, one of the recipients of funds raised through ALSF.
Liz Scott added, "We are so pleased to have the continuing support of Power Home Remodeling Group. Power has been dedicated to helping us find a cure for all kids with cancer since first coming on board, and their month-long campaign is only further evidence of their commitment to a cure."
To promote Power Month for Alex's and share fundraising updates with employees and customers, Power will also employ a number of online tactics, including accenting the Power website in yellow; sharing updates, photos and videos of employee efforts on the company Facebook and Twitter pages; and distributing a custom Power Month for Alex's e-newsletter to customers. For more information on Power Month for Alex's, please visit PowerHRG.com or AlexsLemonade.org.
About Power Home Remodeling Group
Family-owned since 1992, Power Home Remodeling Group is the nation's fourth largest home remodeling company with more than 1,200 employees and $135 million in sales. Headquartered in Chester, Pa., Power provides energy-saving and environmentally friendly exterior remodeling solutions to residents on the East Coast, including Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Washington, DC. An Inc. 5000 company, Power has served more than 50,000 homeowners and is recognized as a home improvement leader by its "Dealer of the Year" award from Window and Door Magazine and the 2011 "Top Workplace" from The Philadelphia Inquirer. For more information please visit PowerHRG.com, or follow the company on Twitter @PowerHRG and Facebook at facebook.com/PowerHRG.
SOURCE Power Home Remodeling Group
More by this Source
Power Home Remodeling Group™ Named Top Workplace by Atlanta Journal Constitution
May 01, 2013, 09:00 ET
Power Home Remodeling Group™ Expands Into Illinois, Creating Hundreds of New Green Jobs
Mar 26, 2013, 11:40 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.