Power Outage Alert/Update: Generac Increases Production, Prepares for Frankenstorm Power Outages
WAUKESHA, Wis., Oct. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Millions of residents along the East Coast could be affected by this powerful storm system
- Waukesha, Wis.-based Generac, a leading manufacturer of power generation products since 1959, ramping up production and shipping schedules for "Frankenstorm"
- Duane Nelson and Art Aiello, spokespersons for Generac ; President and CEO Aaron Jagdfeld available for interviews
- Hurricane Sandy and severe weather fronts converge on the East Coast to create "Frankenstorm"; millions of power outages expected through next week and potentially during election day
- Generac facilities working overtime to increase production and round-the-clock shipping to the East Coast
- Generac President and CEO Aaron Jagdfeld: "Generac has increased its production levels and our staff is working overtime to meet this demand. We also have the industry's largest and most well-trained generator dealer network of more than 4,500 partners that are focused on keeping all of our customer's products up and running during a major event like Hurricane Sandy."
- Generac is also bringing its Jefferson, Wis. facility online sooner than expected and began hiring additional staff to support increased production
- Generac generators can help in dangerous situations by:
- Keeping lights on so residents can see dangerous debris
- Keeping refrigerators running so food and medication aren't spoiled
- Keeping the Internet connection on so residents can stay connected, work from home and monitor the storm
- Immediately and by appointment: Hurricane preparedness experts Art Aiello and Duane Nelson are available for phone or satellite interviews
- By appointment: Generac Dealers in your area are available to discuss where residents can get a generator to keep them safe during the storm, demonstrate how to properly use it and discuss how it could help people in a potentially dangerous situation for live or taped interviews
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.