SAN FRANCISCO, June 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Practice Fusion, the country's largest doctor-patient platform, announced today the launch of Practice Fusion Insight, an analytics product offering healthcare providers, insurance and pharmaceutical companies and industry analysts a population-level perspective on key clinical trends. Based on Practice Fusion's nationwide electronic medical record (EMR) platform covering 64 million patients, Insight draws from the most robust and comprehensive clinical dataset available, providing partners unprecedented insight into the healthcare landscape.
With real-time data covering diagnoses, prescribing behaviors, patient demographics and more, partners interested in improving public health outcomes can get access to information that would otherwise take months to collect, often from disparate sources. Partners will also be able to work with Practice Fusion to gather their own granular reports, tailored to the specific needs of their business, industry or patient population.
"Information is the future of healthcare. It's the key to change and innovation," said Ryan Howard, CEO of Practice Fusion. "Building the platform revolutionized how providers and patients interact with their data. Now we're crowd-sourcing population-level perspective to provide real-time insights that don't exist anywhere else, that can help pharmaceuticals offer better products and providers offer better care."
Benefits to Brands and Analysts:
- Allows pharmaceutical companies real-time visibility into how their products are being prescribed by doctors, in contrast to the several-month delay of existing data sources
- Explore trends across diagnoses, prescribing behavior, patient demographics and more, without manual data gathering and analysis
- Get visibility into a medication's class marketshare and usage, allowing real-time response to market events, granular market segmentation and analysis of the competitor landscape
- Gather powerful conclusions from easy-to-use, interactive visualizations
Benefits to Providers:
- Access customized, comprehensive information about your patient population
- Use sophisticated informatics, including clinical quality and population management tools, to better navigate the changing landscape of care
Insight will work across platforms, including desktop, mobile and tablet, with built-in responsive design.
About Practice Fusion
Practice Fusion's health platform delivers revolutionary technology to doctors and patients. Founded in 2005, the company disrupts the status quo by offering a free, web-based electronic health record (EHR) system and complete practice management suite for physicians. In April 2013, the company launched its consumer-facing platform, Patient Fusion, where patients can find and book appointments with doctors and access their medical records. Practice Fusion is a driving force in modernizing American health care, with 100,000 monthly active users serving 64 million patients. The World Economic Forum recognized Practice Fusion as a Technology Pioneer in 2012. For more information about Practice Fusion, please visitwww.practicefusion.com.
Location: San Francisco
SOURCE Practice Fusion