DUBLIN, Aug. 31, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/wmn42n/prescription_pain) has announced the addition of the "Prescription Pain Drugs - Including Opioid, Anticonvulsant, Injectable/ Inhaled, Topical/ Transdermal, Medical Marijuana - Global Markets, Competitors and Opportunities: 2015 - 2020 Analysis and Forecasts" report to their offering.
Pain is defined as an unpleasant sensory and emotional experience associated with actual or potential tissue damage. At some point, everyone experiences pain. Pain may be described according to severity (mild, moderate, severe), duration (acute or chronic) or type (nociceptive, inflammatory, neuropathic).
Mild-to-moderate pain, such as orthopedic and soft tissue-related pain, generally is treated with NSAIDs, celecoxib (Pfizer's Celebrex), or mild opioid analgesics, such as tramadol. Moderate-to-moderately severe pain, such as post-operative pain, orthopedic pain, and chronic back pain, generally is treated with opioid analgesics, including short-acting opioids such as hydrocodone, oxycodone, oxymorphone, and morphine, as well as extended-release formulations of oxycodone, oxymorphone, and morphine.
Severe pain, including post-operative and cancer pain, generally is treated with fentanyl products, such as Duragesic, Actiq, and Fentora, as well as morphine formulations, such as Avinza and Kadian.
This report deals with prescription drugs used to treat pain. While the Prescription Pain Drug market is relatively small and very mature, there are many new products coming online that have significant sales potential including Pfizer's Remoxy, Oxycodone NT and Embeda drugs, AcelRx's Zlaviso, Eagalet Corp's Oxayado, Endo/BDSI's Buprenorphine, GW Pharmaceuticals' Sativex, Insys' Subsys and dronabinol OS, Marinus' ganaxolone, as well as Bedrocan's and Tweed's medical marijuana offerings, among others.
Ultimately however, Prescription Pain Drugs are very important because without them life would be intolerable for millions of people.
For example, an estimated 50% of cancer patients experience some form of pain, which increases to 90% for patients with advanced-stage disease. Even worse, as many as 50% of patients may be under-treated for cancer-associated pain.
This report provides:
- In-depth discussion of Pain Pharmacology and Analgesia.
- Overview of the Prescription Pain Drugs market by product class, applications, producer market shares, market drivers and R&D pipelines.
- Comprehensive analysis of the markets for Opioid, Neuropathic, Injectable/Inhaled, Topical/Transdermal and Medical Marijuana drugs used to treat pain.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
3. Pain Pharmacology and Analgesia
4. Prescription Pain Drugs Market
5. Opioid Pain Drugs Market
6. Anticonvulsant Pain Drugs Market
7. Injectable/Inhaled Pain Drugs Market
8. Topical/Transdermal Pain Drugs Market
9. Medical Marijuana
- AcelRx Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Acura Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Allergan plc
- Antibe Therapeutics Inc
- Bedrocan Cannabis Corp.
- BioDelivery Sciences International, Inc
- Cara Therapeutics, Inc.
- Collegium Pharmaceutical, Inc.
- Covidien plc
- Durect Corporation
- Egalet Corp
- Elite Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Endo International plc
- GW Pharmaceuticals plc
- Grünenthal GmbH
- Indivior plc
- Insys Therapeutics Inc
- Intellipharmaceutics International Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson
- King Pharmaceuticals
- Lannett Company, Inc.
- Marinus Pharmaceuticals Inc
- Mayne Pharma Group Ltd
- Nektar Therapeutics
- NicOx SA
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals Inc
- Pfizer Inc.
- Purdue Pharma, L.P.
- Raptor Pharmaceutical Corp.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited
- Trevena Inc.
- Tweed Marijuana Inc.
- Zogenix, Inc
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/wmn42n/prescription_pain
Laura Wood, +353-1-481-1716, email@example.com
SOURCE Research and Markets