Presidents Day Marks Best Time to Buy So Far in 2014 Cars.com Analyst Shares Special Holiday Deals
CHICAGO, Feb. 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Ongoing economic uncertainty coupled with extreme weather conditions across most of the country over the past month has caused a slump in auto sales and low traffic numbers at dealerships throughout the United States. With Presidents Day weekend quickly approaching, a weekend historically known as one of the best times to purchase a vehicle, industry experts anticipate consumers to find the best deals of 2014 to date.
"Presidents Day weekend has always been one of the best times of the year to buy a new car, but we expect this weekend to be even better in terms of deals for consumers compared to the last few years," said Jesse Toprak, Chief Analyst at Cars.com. "The weather has been particularly brutal recently causing inventory to pile up at many dealerships across the country and very slow showroom traffic. This may mean that dealers will be motivated to offer larger-than-normal discounts for vehicles in competitive segments on top of the already generous incentive programs offered by the manufacturers."
Special Presidents Day Deals:
- 2014 Chevrolet Silverado Double Cab All-Star Edition: Presidents Day limited time total savings of $7,029, (Expires: 02/28/2014)
- 2014 GMC Acadia: 0% APR for 60 months plus $500 Presidents Day Bonus Cash (Expires: 02/28/2014)
- 2014 VW Jetta: 0.9% APR for 60 months plus a total of $1,000 in available bonuses (Expires: 02/17/2014)
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 Coupe: $329 per month for 36 months and $3,623 down, 10,000 miles per year (Expires: 02/28/2014)
- 2014 Buick Encore FWD 1SB: $249 per month for 24 months, $2,689 down, 10,000 miles per year, includes $500 Presidents Day Bonus (Expires: 02/28/2014)
- 2014 Honda CR-V: 0.9% APR for 24-36 months (Expires: 03/03/2014)
- 2014 Acura TSX: 0.9% APR for 60 months (Expires: 03/03/2014)
- 2014 Nissan Altima: 0.0% APR financing for up to 60 months plus $500 NMAC cash or $1,000 cash back (Expires: 02/28/2014)
- 2013 Toyota Sienna: $2,000 factory cash back (Expires: 03/03/2014)
- 2014 Ford Fusion: 0.0% financing for 60 months and $500 Ford Credit Retail Bonus Customer Cash (Expires: 03/31/2014)
- 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee: 0.0% financing for up to 36 months (Expires: 03/03/2014)
- 2014 Chrysler 200: 0.0% financing for 60 months and up to $1,500 cash allowance on select models (Expires: 03/03/2014)
- 2014 Dodge Durango: up to $1,000 cash allowance (Expires: 03/03/2014)
Cars.com shares industry news, insights and dealership best practices to help dealers and manufacturers better understand the automotive landscape, automotive shopping trends and new consumer behavior. For more information, visit http://dealeradvantage.cars.com/.
Cars.com is an award-winning online destination for car shoppers that offers information from consumers and experts to help buyers formulate opinions on what to buy, where to buy and how much to pay for a car. Cars.com offers thousands of new and used vehicle listings, consumer reviews, side-by-side comparison tools, photo galleries, videos, unbiased editorial content and many other tools. Cars.com puts millions of car buyers in control of their shopping process with the information they need to make confident buying decisions. Launched in June 1998, Cars.com is a division of Classified Ventures LLC, which is owned by leading media companies, including A.H. Belo (NYSE: AHC), Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI), The McClatchy Company (NYSE: MNI), Tribune Company and The Washington Post Company (NYSE: WPO).